Bill Gates' Computer Specs

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
I was curious to know what his specs are for his computer. I went to Yahoo Answers, and according to the ones who answered the question, these are his specs for 2 years ago.

We all know that with his money, he ain't running a Dell Inspiron. lol I was just curious to know if any of you use any of the stuff that he does in this screenshot. (Sorry about the faint text.)

UntitledNEWGATES_zpsd59471c1.png

That looks like someone just looked up a load of top specs, strung them all together and posted it. Imean why would he need that mega grx card, can you imagine him playing on games?? I think he'd rather make them, and why the hell would you need all that ram, it's a complete waste of time, unless you were heavily into HD video editing or something, and even then you wouldn't utilise all that.

I do agree on Ubuntu though, I always said he'd run Linux :)

9006 said:
That looks like someone just looked up a load of top specs, strung them all together and posted it. Imean why would he need that mega grx card, can you imagine him playing on games?? I think he'd rather make them, and why the hell would you need all that ram, it's a complete waste of time, unless you were heavily into HD video editing or something, and even then you wouldn't utilise all that.

The ~200would make for a pretty cool virtual mass storage drive :D If you have a lot of uptime, it can cache off a HDD or flash.. what do ya think? :)

9006 said:

Maybe he's into video games. I know more adults that game than kids.

perfanoff said:
9006 said:

The ~200would make for a pretty cool virtual mass storage drive :D If you have a lot of uptime, it can cache off a HDD or flash.. what do ya think? :)

If you did that it would create an immense amount of heat an I can't see any form of cooling on that list haha.

I'm assuming you'd use the solid state for the main HDD (although a TB seems a bit excessive for that), so you wouldn't really need to cache anything from them.

But even the SATA's are 6gb/sec so that's not exactly slow, I don't know anyone who'd utilise most things on that list - I'm not into much about graphics but I know that card would be for some hardcore gamer who'd know how to set it up properly cause those types come with many advanced options.

I'd prefer Corsair memory to Wintec too, I bought some posh Corsair memory years (XMS series) back and it was the best memory I've ever bought, so fast. They even come with their own heat sinks and frequency lights, check them out:

qs6uy1.jpg

After a year I sold them, upgraded to the newer model (which cost a fortune) then after a power out (Despite having a UPS!) they completely f**ked up! And that was the story of my RAM :(, I'm going now to cry...

I think Linux is much better than Windows and OSX, they're the big, greedy, controlling companies, Linux is for the people!

That information may be false, but that sounds like the type of computer we'd all like to have! That includes Bill Gates :D

I like your curious mind, Lonekilla! :D

With an add campaign like this:

ZBq8p24713.jpg

No wonder Windows was the best selling OS, haha.

I'm sorry if this question seems dumb or obvious, but I'm curious. Do you think that there are things to do on a computer that even Bill Gates doesn't know of?

Depends what you mean. I don't think that he'd know every single aspect of the Windows operating system, maybe in the early days when Windows was simpler, but not now.

Just because he created one type of operating system doesn't mean he knows everything about them, things were very limited in the early days and it was just him & BASIC, now it's a multi-sector development process, with each department having their own aspect of the Windows operating system to develop.

Yeah I too shall call shenannigans on that spec list. I mean who'd pull out $19k on that then use Ubuntu? You'd at least go for mint!

When did 6 core come out anyway? Can you fit 144 GIG of ram yet?

jzinsky said:
Yeah I too shall call shenannigans on that spec list. I mean who'd pull out $19k on that then use Ubuntu? You'd at least go for mint!

When did 6 core come out anyway? Can you fit 144 GIG of ram yet?

I think it's more like a performance server than a PC, who knows what kind of power monstrosities big corporations/governments have, but this just looks like a wish-list of components to me.

LoneKiller said:
I'm sorry if this question seems dumb or obvious, but I'm curious. Do you think that there are things to do on a computer that even Bill Gates doesn't know of?

Do you really think a person who spent most of his life as a CEO can do more things to computers than the average techie?

perfanoff said:
LoneKiller said:

Do you really think a person who spent most of his life as a CEO can do more things to computers than the average techie?
Why not?

He probably has one of those tv wallmounted monitors. Probably a widescreen.

As far as OS, I'm sure that Gates runs all three major operating systems. Not surprised about Linux, because it's stable, but he probably has a Mac as well. Thine must know my enemy.

LoneKiller said:
What is it about his monitor that warrants a $1400 price tag? How good can a monitor be?

How do you know he has a monitor worth $1400?

Latest posts

Back