Uplifting / Positive music

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward W

Reaction score
Okay, I'm new here so forgive me if this has been done / seems trite, but a few months ago I had an emotional awakening that ultimately brought me here.

Anyway, music became very important to me, I listen to it a lot now, and it really helps my mood sometimes. From reading around I think we could all use some extra positivity in our lives, so what songs help you?

This seemed to sum up the general mood of ALL, lets all fight and never surrender!!!

The world spit me out,
And now we’re spinning around,
Lost in a free fall.

Forever going down,
And breaking through the ground,
When I thought I reached the end,
I start to fall again.

But I was taught,
To never surrender,
When it’s hard to get up,
Gonna fight ’til I can stand and say.

Oh, you can turn me down,
You can throw me now,
The harder out, the harder I come back around.
You can break my heart,
But you can’t scratch my name,
I can take the hit cause I’m a boomerang.

[YOUTUBE]jVf4_WglzWA[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]EsLsr-ftP6E[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]5zwMlvaWaZQ[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]
nasCf9VQs0o[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]nasCf9VQs0o[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]bu3rsha1ZtI[/YOUTUBE]

lets all fight and never surrender!!!

mandatory live to win by paul stanley
[video=youtube]

Dive into yourself by High and mighty color (yes it's jrock, you don't understand a word of what they're singing, but it's happy song :))
[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

This is a tune from a band called "shpongle" its called nothing is something worth doing. I always listen to this when im down, then ill be out an about with a grin from ear to ear! :)

Heres another one dunno if i would call it positive or uplifting, i just really love this instrument

[video=youtube]

Remember this?

[video=youtube]

I listen to "sad" music a lot, but I also like uplifting music.

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Some examples. Especially Keane has some very uplifting songs I really like.

A cheery classic :):

[youtube]Bj1AesMfIf8[/youtube]

A highly creative band from the legendary 4AD label, with indistinct vocals making for a very distinct dream pop sound :cool::

[youtube]6KnYw4EwYGc[/youtube]

Some weird art rock with cool lyrics. I like it :p:

[youtube]s-3djUYgebU[/youtube]

I don't know if its supposed to be but I always find this strangely uplifting...

[youtube]J4TN2sgxvLo[/youtube]

I can't be unhappy listening to the Cat Empire or Penguin Cafe Orchestra. I've tried, but it's is impossible. So if your feeling a bit self-indulgent and melodramatic, definitely steer clear!

When I once had a break up, I listened to this song and assured myself I'm the winner of life and nothing can collapse my mood.

[video=youtube]

And of course this one:

[video=youtube]

Standing on the Rooftops by Lost Prophets cheered me up when I was feeling hopeless once. Came on randomly on my iPod when I was dragging myself to college in the pouring rain (sounds cliche'd to buggery but I swear it's true) and by the time the song had ended, I felt better than I did on a normal day, straight from an otherwise straight 4am-8:20am morning of crippling depression.

Actually I think the song title is just Rooftops, but regardless.

Bonus HOYAY info; Rihanna's "Only Girl in the World" cheered me up insanely once, despite me being, you know, male. I remember the day it had cheered me up, I told some guys in an open "friends chat channel" on the online game I played that it had cheered me up, and a guy with privileges in there kicked me for being a sad *******, lol. Still..it cheered me up. The song I mean.

The energy here is inspiring- always makes me grin :)

[video=youtube] [/video]

Latest posts

Back