Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What attracts you to someone...
LO,

I've read a lot of posts on here whereby people are unsure if somebody likes them or not, and there seems to be a lot of variation in likes and dislikes.

So this question goes out to anybody; What attracts you to someone?? Personality and/or looks...

For me, women who are confident and independent. And for looks, I like the natural look of the 'V' eyebrows (not plucked to nothingness) and nice teeth.
[Image: 2vj1q3q.jpg]
I'm inclined to say intelligence. I've learned things from so many people. Certain subjects I like to think that I have a good grasp on is proven wrong after talking with those who know so much more than I do about the given subject.

I like to think that I know a lot about sports until I talk with my uncle about it, and he knows things that I never even considered. Definitely intelligence. Good thread by the way 9006.Smile
I like a guy who is intelligent, shares my sense of humour and love of sci-fi & horror. I couldn't date someone who wasn't interested in history or current affairs, or someone who wallowed in celebrity culture, fashion and other trappings of shallow society.

While personality rules overall, everyone has a preference looks-wise, whether its things they look for or things they want to avoid. Good personal hygiene is a must for me, and for my own quirk of taste, I do have a thing for really hairy guys (which is apparently rare? lol)
^( ;,; )^ 'Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fhtagn!' ^( ;,; )^

Quote:The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
H.P. Lovecraft - The Call of Cthulhu
kindness, patience, sensitivity, strong morals, knowledge, and wisdom

edit to add: maturity in the correct situation.. if they can also be silly and make people laugh, I think that is great
Personality!!

Intelligence, maturity, decent speech, humbleness and respect for others!
I usually like tall, blonde girls with big (preferably blue) eyes.

I don't like arrogance or very confident girls actually. I prefer girls who are a bit shy. Maturity and intelligence are very important too. Especially intelligence. I'm pretty intelligent and eager to learn, I like it when I'm able to have a good, deep conversation with someone. I also like girls who are a bit "alternative" because I'm a bit alternative too.

Big turn-off's are "sluts" and girls who drink a lot, but these 2 traits usually go hand in hand. I hate girls who go out just to get laid or make out with guys, obviously.
Loves to bounce ideas around, low-pressure, observant, playful nature, strong ideals.
Snese of humour always at #1. The annoying thing is, so many people think they're funny, when they're not. Jumping on the latest meme bandwagon does not you funny, it makes you a cunt. If I see a girl intelligently humiliate someone verbally then that's really hot to me. They can be the most boring person in the world for all I care, if the things they say make me laugh then it's green lights for me.

Personality comes in at #2. I like lots of personalities tbh. You can be shy and nervous and sad and emo or bright and happy and talkative, a hermit recluse or outgoing, lazy or productive... I really don't care. As long as we are in love then I love everything about you.

Looks do come in to the equation, of course. I am more attracted to larger woman than skinny ones but beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.
I like her having a sensual side
I like a touch of a bit too shy to show me she likes me
I like her being able to follow my thoughts, and me hers
I like a homely, non-thrill seeking nature
I like her having an aim in life and something to strive for
I like her have opinions on life, on politics and society, on current events.

About the physical part.. I like straight/wavy hair, and I like it long. I have a thing for hair Smile

Um last one.. this is important.. I like her not to want it too rarely OR too much more than me :p
It used to be all about appearance. Now it's mostly personality.