What attracts you to someone...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
LO,

I've read a lot of posts on here whereby people are unsure if somebody likes them or not, and there seems to be a lot of variation in likes and dislikes.

So this question goes out to anybody; What attracts you to someone?? Personality and/or looks...

For me, women who are confident and independent. And for looks, I like the natural look of the 'V' eyebrows (not plucked to nothingness) and nice teeth.

I'm inclined to say intelligence. I've learned things from so many people. Certain subjects I like to think that I have a good grasp on is proven wrong after talking with those who know so much more than I do about the given subject.

I like to think that I know a lot about sports until I talk with my uncle about it, and he knows things that I never even considered. Definitely intelligence. Good thread by the way 9006.:)

I like a guy who is intelligent, shares my sense of humour and love of sci-fi & horror. I couldn't date someone who wasn't interested in history or current affairs, or someone who wallowed in celebrity culture, fashion and other trappings of shallow society.

While personality rules overall, everyone has a preference looks-wise, whether its things they look for or things they want to avoid. Good personal hygiene is a must for me, and for my own quirk of taste, I do have a thing for really hairy guys (which is apparently rare? lol)

kindness, patience, sensitivity, strong morals, knowledge, and wisdom

edit to add: maturity in the correct situation.. if they can also be silly and make people laugh, I think that is great

Personality!!

Intelligence, maturity, decent speech, humbleness and respect for others!

I usually like tall, blonde girls with big (preferably blue) eyes.

I don't like arrogance or very confident girls actually. I prefer girls who are a bit shy. Maturity and intelligence are very important too. Especially intelligence. I'm pretty intelligent and eager to learn, I like it when I'm able to have a good, deep conversation with someone. I also like girls who are a bit "alternative" because I'm a bit alternative too.

Big turn-off's are "sluts" and girls who drink a lot, but these 2 traits usually go hand in hand. I hate girls who go out just to get laid or make out with guys, obviously.

Snese of humour always at #1. The annoying thing is, so many people think they're funny, when they're not. Jumping on the latest meme bandwagon does not you funny, it makes you a cunt. If I see a girl intelligently humiliate someone verbally then that's really hot to me. They can be the most boring person in the world for all I care, if the things they say make me laugh then it's green lights for me.

Personality comes in at #2. I like lots of personalities tbh. You can be shy and nervous and sad and emo or bright and happy and talkative, a hermit recluse or outgoing, lazy or productive... I really don't care. As long as we are in love then I love everything about you.

Looks do come in to the equation, of course. I am more attracted to larger woman than skinny ones but beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

I like her having a sensual side
I like a touch of a bit too shy to show me she likes me
I like her being able to follow my thoughts, and me hers
I like a homely, non-thrill seeking nature
I like her having an aim in life and something to strive for
I like her have opinions on life, on politics and society, on current events.

About the physical part.. I like straight/wavy hair, and I like it long. I have a thing for hair :)

Um last one.. this is important.. I like her not to want it too rarely OR too much more than me :p

Being Eve
th_goo.gif

intelligence and humorous outlook on life, vitality - "manly hands" are a turn-on, maybe interesting eyes? Bruce Willis' chest hair? ;)

Peaches said:
intelligence and humorous outlook on life, vitality - "manly hands" are a turn-on, maybe interesting eyes? Bruce Willis' chest hair? ;)

look no further

bodafuko said:
Peaches said:

look no further

Ditto! You could make a rug out of mine.

Their kindness, their openness, an unconditional attitude. A great sense of humor. A loving heart towards people.

I know it sounds old-fashioned, but I like girls that are pretty discerning about their partners.

I've always waited for the right lady to come along, so I find it really attractive when I meet a girl who is waiting for a really solid guy.

Not that I mean a girl has to have zero experience with guys to be attractive to me, but a girl who picks and chooses her relationships with care is so much more attractive to me than one who just gets with any vaguely handsome guy at every other party.

I also admittedly have a soft spot for pretty faces (of which my definition is pretty wide). But ultimately the hottest thing a girl can have is a personality that just clicks with mine, because I love having a good laugh or deep discussion.

(Also, girls that blush... :p )

Independent, decent and friendly to all without lacking self-esteem. Someone who consciously treats others well in their daily lives.

Someone who might laugh if I try to be funny.

On purely appearance level I can't help but notice east asian women and the general cuteness... I know that sounds dodgy, it IS dodgy...

Latest posts

Back