sense of humour

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duff

Reaction score
a question to all you good people

Have you a sense of humour ?

Can you make people laugh ?

Myself ?

When I was younger people would call me 'happy harry', they would say 'I had no sense of humour whatsoever' - that was by a customer to my face. This woman at work when I said a joke said 'that was funny for YOU'

Gradually I kind of developed the ability to tell a funny story and make people laugh. I watch alot of tv and films and I tend to copy from them. I think I am as funny as fresia now. Quick witted with stinging one liners. I am forever telling jokes at work and making people laugh. This woman today said I was 'funny' - I get that alot from people.

One side note is it hasn't improved my love life whatsoever ! Women aren't attracted to me anymore than years ago !

What about everbody else ?

i can make people laugh just at the sight of me =P

nah but really man i think i have a good sense of humour, i dont really tell jokes but i cant chat honeysuckle like fresia, i guess sometimes its just the way i put things across to people i do try to make it funny.

although on the internet its hard to convey things through text.

In regards to getting attention from it i would say yeah i know a few people in old jobs and stuff who would go out their way to sit next to me so we can take the piss all day.

As for girls sometimes its worked a treat, sometimes not.

I've frequently been told that i have a great sense of humour, by far my favourite type of humor is sarcasm though, and sometimes i do cross a line and people may get offended, which is not what i'm trying to do, and then i feel guilty.

People generally like it though, unless they don't send the sarcasm, which also happens from time to time, and then they think i'm an idiot.

Yeah I have a sense of humor, I like to have a laugh.

I used to always joke about an make people laugh, It makes me feel good. People say I do funny impressions haha

I have a sense of humor, but ah xD , I'm not really good at making other people laugh. Sometimes I'll tell a joke and have to literally explain it like three times lol.

it seems that I do, I make people laugh, but sometimes you know humor is a two edged sword because it is made to discover the truth, so that tract doesn't make me more popular, no, even if I try and be nice and never make sarcastic jokes. Also, sometimes it's better to shut up and skip some jokes, least people think you are Krusty the Clown, which for a lady is not the most appropriate. I find that my sense of humor improves by watching and reading a lot of comedy (which I love) and going for humorous content, probably it works like that for everyone.

No.. I do not really have much a sense of humor.. lots of jokes most people laugh at, it makes no sense to me.
I do find some things funny though.. but they are usually very silly

Rosebolt said:
I've frequently been told that i have a great sense of humour, by far my favourite type of humor is sarcasm though, and sometimes i do cross a line and people may get offended, which is not what i'm trying to do, and then i feel guilty.

People generally like it though, unless they don't send the sarcasm, which also happens from time to time, and then they think i'm an idiot.

at work I go 'too far' sometimes and some of the women get the hump with me. (Only for a few hours though)

I like british sitcoms of the 70's and 80's, only fools, Dear John, Porridge etc (could go on forever)
I also like early Steve Martin, some of Monty Python.

duff said:
I like british sitcoms of the 70's and 80's, only fools, Dear John, Porridge etc (could go on forever)

I absolutely love Fawlty Towers! :D

Rosebolt said:
duff said:

yes brilliant !

duff said:
Rosebolt said:
duff said:

yes brilliant !

Some of my favorites; Fawlty Towers, Dear John and last but not least; Are You Being Served
and from the 90's...Keeping Up Appearances and Ab Fab (Absolutely Fabulous) LOL And so many more. :D

I am a fan of "Mindyour language" from that era.

And yeah i can make people laugh :p

I think I'm pretty funny too. Usually I can make people laugh if I want to. Even if I tell a dull story I can make it funny. I'm kind of known for telling stuff that has no climax and people always think that's funny.

Oh, and I adore Seinfeld, I love that show. It's the funniest show in the world.

duff said:
Have you a sense of humour ?

Can you make people laugh ?

It's not really something I'm good at. I can do it occasionally, situationally, or with close friends whose sense of humor I have a feel for. But I wouldn't say I can do it reliably.

Latest posts

Back