The mystery of the vanishing posts

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello.

This doesn't happen all the time but here goes:

Thread icons change when someone new posts, and you can usually see who it is from the 'Last Post:' on the right, but sometimes it won't show the new post, and it seems to be when the thread spans on to another page. It's only after someone else (myself included) posts after that when it appears.

Does anyone else experience this problem?

Yep, I have been encountering this a lot. I had thought a post of mine got removed one time but some sort of glitch. So, if I reply to a post now I will check below to see what the last response was especially with the games.

when was the last time ... is not showing my post at this moment ! i tried to fix by responding again but no worky

ucxb said:
when was the last time ... is not showing my post at this moment ! i tried to fix by responding again but no worky

Hey again,

I just check it out and this is what I was talking about - it shows someone's posted something new and it's showing your name but it wasn't showing me your post (even if I click to show the last post), so I posted too and it's suddenly appeared in front of mine on a new page.

Oh well not everything's perfect!

I had some problems as well replying to one game, I thought Rosebolts ban had probably kicked in or something!

Yeah, had this since i joined though and usually at the games sections, because, hey, spam. I usually wait until it appears.

Yeah, I just posted something new, and it won't show me what I posted. I can't even remember what I posted now...and I thought it was removed...felt like I did something wrong?

Can someone fix this? I've been here for two years, and it wasn't doing this before.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Yeah, I just posted something new, and it won't show me what I posted. I can't even remember what I posted now...and I thought it was removed...felt like I did something wrong?

Can someone fix this? I've been here for two years, and it wasn't doing this before.

Most of the time you just have to sit and wait for someone else to post before yous appears, I used to post another message after it and it would appear, then I'd delete this fix post, but even that "fix" hasn't worked sometimes, and it gets added to the invisible one.

I don't know what's going on with it.

There's one other option you could try, if you go into your User CP I'm sure I seen an option to edit the number of posts displayed in a thread, if you increase (or decrease) that, maybe that will work.

I've thought that for a while but I'm too lazy to test :-\

I thoughts mods were like Gods, standing high over the forum, surveying us mere mortals as we post our... <ZAAAAP!! - Banned by EveWasFramed>

Crap!

Lmao Edward.

Good suggestion Mike, I'm wondering if that works. But I'm too lazy to change it too. Anyone wanna give it a try? :p

Edward W said:
I thoughts mods were like Gods, standing high over the forum, surveying us mere mortals as we post our... <ZAAAAP!! - Banned by EveWasFramed>

Crap!

:cool: That will teach you.

But seriously - admin here doesn't have server access and we are limited as to what changes we can make to the forum. That kind of things falls to the site owner - Bjarne

If I am understanding the original complaint, there is a 'workaround' you can employ.

If you click on the 'last post' link and end up being taken to the beginning of the thread instead:

-- Select 'New Reply' in the upper portion of the page, to the right of the thread rating and you will be taken to the full reply section, instead of the abbreviated version.

-- Scroll down, past the option to attach files, etc. You will then see the 'missing' post and can reply as normal.

This should allow you to see your own 'missing' posts, as well.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back