Benefits of crying...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brock007

Reaction score
Well I see mostly people think that crying is not a good thing and they thought that crying is show the cowardliness..But I wanna correct them that crying is a necessary aspect for life. Because when we cry we release many stress from our mind and feel relaxed. Tears help moisturize your dry eyes. Without this natural lubrication, you simply wouldn't be able to see!

Crying IS a natural part of life, for most people crying makes them feel better, just like when someone's angry and lets loose on a punchbag. People claim for it to release "pressure" and to gain back clarity afterwards.

Without this natural lubrication, you simply wouldn't be able to see!

Your eye's are lubricated all day long naturally, there are glands just above your eyes that do this.

A few topics about crying lately. Here are a few things I came across about crying

- 88.8 per cent of people feel better after crying, with 8.4 per cent feeling worse.
- On average women cry 47 times a year and men 7.
- Until puberty, crying levels are much the same for each gender - testosterone may reduce crying in boys while oestrogen and prolactin increases the tendency in girls.
- Emotional tears have a different chemical composition than tears caused by irritants, such as onions.
- Men may excrete more of the toxins related to emotional stress in their sweat because they have higher sweat levels than women.

I know I feel much better after crying, but its been a few years since I have been able to release the sadness I feel from my eyes.

ucxb said:
A few topics about crying lately. Here are a few things I came across about crying

- 88.8 per cent of people feel better after crying, with 8.4 per cent feeling worse.
- On average women cry 47 times a year and men 7.
- Until puberty, crying levels are much the same for each gender - testosterone may reduce crying in boys while oestrogen and prolactin increases the tendency in girls.
- Emotional tears have a different chemical composition than tears caused by irritants, such as onions.
- Men may excrete more of the toxins related to emotional stress in their sweat because they have higher sweat levels than women.

yes but there are also societal restraints as well. men in western civilization are told not to openly cry, because it is said to be a sign of weakness. while women are encouraged to cry, because they are considered "weaker" than men.

Cara said:
I know I feel much better after crying, but its been a few years since I have been able to release the sadness I feel from my eyes.

same here, it really takes a lot for me to cry, eventhough i'm sad most of the time. probably partly do with the medications i'm taking. then there's of course having been told never to cry period unless one of my family members die or something.

If only crying actually solved a problem.
Or I could stay around and cry and wait until somebody else solves my issues.

But that's not going to happen. I'll always be a net provider in my family from now on. And I've got a lot of personal things I'd like to do. Have a well-paid job. Find love again.

It's good to cry and let it out. I feel like when I cry, I release the tension and emotions. It helps - for that moment. :)

Crying helps tire you out, which in turn helps you sleep quicker, which in turn helps you not be traumatised, at least for a little while.

Except when children cry, and then it's just GET OUT YOUR STOMPIN BOOTS, WE'VE GOT SOME CHILD PASTE TO MAKE! and such. But in some ways even them crying is a good thing, if you have earplugs handy, because normally the little bastards will end up going sleep soon after.

Crying can be very helpful, yeah. As you said, it can release tension and stress. It's only really cowardly to cry in certain situations.

Latest posts

Back