Support Groups

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

ucxb

I was recommended to attend Al-Anon meetings about two years ago and have not attended. My parents and extended family dealt with alcoholics growing up. I was not raised around alcoholics but it was advised that my family’s behavior and mannerisms were passed down from their upbringing. So, I have given it much consideration but I went to a support group for divorcees a year back and I was too emotional and drained from the meetings. I wonder if anyone has attended Al-Anon meetings? Thanks in advance should you share and/or send me pm

I've never attended Al-Anon before but just wanted to say I like that hugging emoticon, it's so cute! :)

I haven't been to an Al-Anon meeting either, but I have been to other support groups for other issues. If I were you, I would give Al Anon a try and if you find that it leaves you feeling the same way that the support group for divorcees left you feeling, then you could leave, knowing that you gave it a try but it wasn't for you.

Yeah, what Tiina said is right. No harm giving it a shot and see how it goes or where it takes you. Sometimes, it may even make you feel very comfortable. Never know until you find out, because what other people experience may not be relative to what you will experience.

I hope to exchange a few words with someone who has since I did not grow up with alcoholics, I wasn't sure if it would be the place for me even though I was instructed to attend based on codependent patterns. I think there is an Al-Anon forum site that I could inquire on.

Latest posts

Back