Meeting new friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonelyguy23

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Just wondering if anybody here would post successful experiences where you met a new friend. I've been a bit more adventurous lately putting myself out there to make some type of connection.

It would be great if you could share your stories so I can get more motivation, ideas, and feel more comfortable doing this on my own. Thanks!

Hey.
I have recently had success in the area of talking to people. It's not a friendship, but it's still significant ^^ Progress is slow going, y'know

1. I initiated a conversation for the first time ever. literally. There's a guy who sits near me in class, and he keeps trying to talk to me. Which is rare. So one day, we were talking in the time before class, and the professor's arrival cut off an interesting conversation. And without giving it much thought I asked him if he'd like to continue the conversation after class.
It was terribly awkward, by the way, but that's not the point :) So now I know that if I talk to someone, they're not going to be like 'eeeew get away from me mofo'

2. Today I sat next to somebody at the bus stop. He actually engaged me in an awkward conversation, and I kept trying to talk to him even though I was dying to just whip out my book and hide. We ended up talking about entirely uninteresting things (mostly the weather) for about forty minutes in total, however, so, success~!

How about you? What were your mini-successes like, if you've had any recently?

I'm not great at making friends in real life. I don't know why.

I've made friends from online though, and even met some in person. It is scary and takes time to really know someone for who they really are and can be a gamble to want to meet them because you never know which creep is disguising themselves... just don't meet them on your own or at a quiet place. So far, the friends I've met offline, are still great friends to me now.

Latest posts

Back