perfanoff's coffee fortunes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

perfanoff

I usually have a cafe during lunch and it comes with a paper with a fortune, advice, or a saying. My idea is to post the interesting ones.

"A little attention, a bit of thoughts for others, and everything would seem different"
-Winnie the Pooh

Have I got double vision or is there two of these threads :S

I seriously don't know where to get fortune cookies. I like those things. For fun.

"Fight, friend!
Fight for God's sake!
This on your behalf,
I cannot do."

Hmm. I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

perfanoff said:
"Fight, friend!
Fight for God's sake!
This on your behalf,
I cannot do."

Hmm. I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

I think it is asking you to fight on and only you can do it to get through the battle which no one else can do on your behalf.

What's interesting is that it's not a pasted quote. I wonder how much actual meaning the person who wrote it put in it - I would love to meet them.

Yeah I'd love to meet them too. These quotes probably have very deep meanings.

You have an entire cafe for lunch? ****, how much do you weigh?

Hope you've got a fast metabolism.

No, I have lunch AND coffee after :) Unfortunately, I haven't figured out photosynthesis or charging from a USB port yet :p

Photosynthesis would be cool, but then the sun would explode or something. Mind you, I guess not being able to photosynthetically recharge myself would be the least of my worries then. Maybe if I found a nice artificial light it wouldn't matter.

I'd love to be able to recharge from a USB port, lol. I've read about clothing and shoes you can buy with servo motors in them or something, that generate electricity as you walk, so you can power a small object like a phone or something while on the move. It'd be awesome if you could be self sufficient when walking by plugging yourself into your own clothes...run to where you wanna go and not feel tired at all. Yay!

My clothes are augmented. Woo!

When hearts grow apart, there's no reason for hands to still hold each other.
-Napoleon

Any thoughts on that? :)

When you no more feel for eacthother then its better to go apart than fooling yourselves. One of the chapters of my life is based on it.

Not only yours.

I wonder though. Are virtually all relationships doomed to go to that.

perfanoff said:
When hearts grow apart, there's no reason for hands to still hold each other.
-Napoleon

Any thoughts on that? :)

I dunno if I read it wrong but is that basically saying once the heart stops caring, there's also no reason to want to keep in physical contact? Like, once I stop loving someone, there's also no reason to want to hold hands with them? Cause that seems pretty straightforward.

Gooey lovey evil time, to go with your little anecdote; The gaps in your hands were put there for anothers fingers to fill them. Take that, Hopeless Romantic Cookbook!

I wonder if they make misfortune cookies. That'd rock.

I think I saw this in the Simpsons once...unsure, might of been somewhere else. They cracked open a fortune cookie and it had written in it "Help! I'm being held prisoner at the fortune cookie factory!"

Greb said:
I wonder if they make misfortune cookies. That'd rock.

I think I saw this in the Simpsons once...unsure, might of been somewhere else. They cracked open a fortune cookie and it had written in it "Help! I'm being held prisoner at the fortune cookie factory!"

ROFL

My misfortune cookie will probably read "You are going to receive compliments today! Then you will fall down the stairs, suck it up suckerr! Mwaahah"

Hmm, I want to work in a misfortune cookie factory

Latest posts

Back