Things you want to change about yourself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About myself.... I want to change what I do for a living, lol. Hope that counts. :p

What I wanna change is too late, I guess. I'd like to go back and not be as pathetic as I was growing up, letting all the people get to me. I honestly regret not stabbing that bully on the first day of primary school, when it would of mattered most. Sure, might of got sectioned but at that age you don't get a criminal record only a "warning" thing...and no would of bullied me again, leaving me to have a nice life at school and not hide at home all day! Yay!

So uh yeah I wish I was braver, at least emotionally. A lot braver.

And also that I could go back in time with this bravery and then lead a more productive life.

I'd change my arrogance and how often I daydream; also, how unforgiving I am of personality flaws in others (i.e., my hypocrisy). I guess I'd want to be less judgmental, as well. Man, these are pretty bad.

I need to work on having more patience, and being less judgmental. Getting in better shape would be good, too - which goes along with my need to become more disciplined. A career change would be wonderful. So many mountains...

I can relate to changing some things that previous posters want to change.

One other thing I'd like to change is my self-centredness. It's all about me. Superficial happiness (that's really deep sadness) is so unfulfilling, yet I crave it... I'd like to (and have slowly) started to devote energy to those around me. Being so self-centred is really a hard thing to shake but it's really nice to share moments with those you care about and who care about you. For me, that is not very many people.

I'd also like to hear about old school mates. I'm even thinking of making a forum for our class to (by chance) Google and find a place to catch up after all these years.

To get in better shape and to be more forgiving and tolerant of people's character flaws (by my opinion, of course).

What about you, Broken? :)

Veruca said:
I want to stop tripping down the stairs in high heels

Be careful!

Do women like wearing high heels? It seems a bit mean/sexist in a way, I know it makes you look taller, (sexier), but doesn't look comfy or safe.

perfanoff said:
To get in better shape and to be more forgiving and tolerant of people's character flaws (by my opinion, of course).

What about you, Broken? :)

Well i want to get rid of procrastination. And i want to boost up my confidence.

Edward W said:
Do women like wearing high heels? It seems a bit mean/sexist in a way, I know it makes you look taller, (sexier), but doesn't look comfy or safe.

Yeah we do :) You right, its uncomfortable and unsafe. I don't wear them at work but like wearing them in parties.

BrokenInside said:
Edward W said:

Yeah we do :) You right, its uncomfortable and unsafe. I don't wear them at work but like wearing them in parties.

So why do you like them? A confidence thing, you look good?

To add to the topic:

I want to stop putting things off and be a bit more Lion than Otter (personality test thing)

Edward W said:

My mum could run for the bus and do the twist in her heels when she was younger. I think you get used to it. I've heard loads of women say they find flat shoes uncomfortable and can't walk in them. I'm ok with heels sometimes but they make my feet ache and I'm forever loosing the heels down cracks in the pavement. :rolleyes:

I wish I was more articulate. Usually when someone tries to speak to me, especially when I don't expect it, I get tongue-tied or my mind goes blank. I thought going on a message board would help, but I'm even having a hard time with that.

Latest posts

Back