I realize this is incredibly silly, but...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is a better album title?

• Total voters

Matt

Reaction score
...I need help choosing an album title. PLEASE HELP!

It's between these two:

thisfirewillburnusan7.jpg

amansaidtotheuniverseio3.jpg

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

"A man said to the universe" is better in every way in my opinion. It's more interesting, more logical (unless it's another one of those "pyscho-metal" albums), has a touch of poetry in it, neutral and acceptable to anyone (whereas the other title can make people believe it's "another one of those psycho-metal albums" ! ;) ), which in turn will mean it probably would sell much better than an album called "This fire will burn us".

Cool artwork btw! =)

I think if its got some depressing stuff in Say like morrissey dose then "This fire will burn us" is good.

If its like the other stuff you have showed us here be for that you have done then I would say "A man said to the universe" cos your music is kinder epic and has a spiritual side to it. So for them reasons am voting A man said to the universe

Skorian said:
What is this about?

Its about helping Matt choose a title for his album.

Bluey said:
I think if its got some depressing stuff in Say like morrissey dose then "This fire will burn us" is good.

If its like the other stuff you have showed us here be for that you have done then I would say "A man said to the universe" cos your music is kinder epic and has a spiritual side to it. So for them reasons am voting A man said to the universe

Skorian said:
What is this about?

Its about helping Matt choose a title for his album.

Ya, but what is the album? Kinda hard to give an oppinion when I don't know what the title is a title to.

^ Lol, well, I posted it in the Express Yourself forum. Look for it there. >_>

And thanks for the feedback guys. It's pretty clear that "A man said to the universe..." is preferred. And for those who are curious, the name is actually a reference to a poem of the same name by Stephen Crane (a wonderful poet).

I like This Fire Will Burn Us for two reasons, it looks better on the cover, it's less crowded than A man said to the universe. And This Fire Will Burn Us I think sparks more interest and has a much more emotion grabbing kind of aesthetic than a man said to the universe

That being said, it's a tough decision because both are great titles and A Man Said To The Universe would also be great

NeverMore said:
I like This Fire Will Burn Us for two reasons, it looks better on the cover, it's less crowded than A man said to the universe. And This Fire Will Burn Us I think sparks more interest and has a much more emotion grabbing kind of aesthetic than a man said to the universe
Yeah, that's why I liked that title. It's funny, how I came up with the title.

I was listening to a J-Pop song, and there was a refrain that sounded like "This fire will burn us!". It was sung very cynically, and it sounded apocalyptically awesome. Turns out those aren't the lyrics at all. Nonetheless, "This fire will burn us." sounded like a great foreboding caution of social commentary.

Here's the song, for those who are interested:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevanc...1h076_hamasaki-ayumi-beautiful-fighters_music

It's a pretty nice song was a subtly dark video. =]

Latest posts

Back