Hello folks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandstand21

Reaction score
Guess I'll jump right in by telling why I joined this forum. I am a 26 year old male, graduated college a few years ago and now work full time. I never have had a problem with making friends. People generally enjoy my company and appreciate what I bring to social circles. I am not afraid to approach new people and initiate conversation. I am personable, have a good and healthy physique, a good job, and I'm no model but I know that I am reasonably attractive.

The problem is that aside from platonic friendship and very few physical encounters, I have never had a relationship with a woman. Like most guys my age, I want the companionship of a woman and have strong physical desires. I have never been able to satisfy these and over time it has made me feel very depressed and lonely. I am not afraid to get rejected, but after being rejected nearly 100% of the time for years and years it has really started to get to me. The past few months in particular have been real tough. My lonliness and negative thoughts have become much stronger and it has been difficult to shut them out of my daily life. A few coworkers and friends have questioned my mood at times and suspect there may be something wrong, and I can't have that. I don't want my feelings of lonliness to continue to grow, but what freaks me out is that I don't know how to turn things around.

I can't talk to my friends because I would feel weak, and I can't talk to my family because they count on me to be happy and I don't want them to worry about me. I guess what I am trying to get out of this forum are people who understand.

Thanks to anyone who read.

Welcome to the forum. Im sure there are several people who have experienced what you have, so hopefully you can get a little helpful advice here.

Hey there, welcome to the forum. So many of us, I'm sure, can relate with you and what you're experiencing. I hope you find some support and encouragement to keep trying here!

Welcome aboard.

You're young, attractive, talk well in social groups and people enjoy your company... I am stumped as to how you can be romantically lonely. There might be someone who can answer that for you, so good luck.

Hi grandstand, welcome to the forum.

I think some of the members here can relate to what you've been through. Have a look at the past threads and you'll see. Don't give up though, we're here for you and hope you'll figure out how to turn things around by interacting with us etc. Don't be afraid to write any issues you may be facing so we could at least help you where we can. Take care. :)

Latest posts

Back