Password

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's probably on a normal computer - it would take a lot less time on a server or even less on a supercomputer - or superquick if you've got a spare LAN! :D

Should be very fast if the crack is programmed for the GPU, it's practically 100% parallel

perfanoff said:
Should be very fast if the crack is programmed for the GPU, it's practically 100% parallel

Yes I read about those clever asses that used the GPU for this, I also read about a new technique to encryption by storing information fragmented as bits.

Impressive stuff!

Not holding my breath, but when quantum computing comes along, I surmise that it will render the common password obsolete
I have a feeling it will revolutionise the way in which we access our accounts across many services. :)

That said, another great way to keep your accounts safe these days is to also change your password regularly.

When quantum computing does happen there'll be a huge performance boost so there will be other means they could implement relating to that.

For example they could create password generators that uses your password as a kind of cipher-key along with complex algorithms that would generate huge password strings, that way it would kinda balance out.

Latest posts

Back