Tell us five random things about yourself...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-My real name is not Darrell.

-It took 67 stitches to put my left thumb back on when I was 12.

-I believe in Jesus, but not religion.

-I'm enamored with androgynous butch-like women. 'Girly girls' annoy me.

-I seemed to have owned more Ford vehicles than anything. I'm actually not very discriminatory about brands. Longs it runs good and the price is right.

1. I am a yogini.
2. I am a natural raver; I act as though I'm "rolling" when I'm completely sober; in fact, I act more crazy than some people who are actually rolling.
3. My favorite colors are orange and silver or dark gray.
4. My OCD seems to have lessened ever since I took medication for it; I'm also less depressed and more loving towards my boyfriend and parents.
5. People think I'm too skinny and that I need to eat more and gain more meat, but I'm perfectly healthy. As an aspiring nutritionist, I know how to take care of myself. I'm physically fit.

1. I like lists
2. Since I was 14 I tried most of the diets of the planet, to realize after many years that if I want to look slender I have to be hungry part of the time
3. I have a thing for (some) men in drag, after early in life vision of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
4. Whenever I remember, I pat the head of my Yogi of Orang Malu statue

for good luck, and each time it reminds me of my grandpa who also had a very bald head
5. I did pay to access unlocked levels in Facebook games, and I am ashamed of it

1. I once ran a mile in under 5 minutes.

2. I have been on TV before. I won a contest to go on Channel 2 news and give the weather report for a day in the summer of 1995.

3. I like to do pencil and paper roleplaying games. I'm currently trying to run a Star Wars game.

4. I still collect toys from my youth (Star Wars, Transformers, various vehicles and creatures, LEGOs) and would not be opposed to playing with them if I had time to just relax. It reminds me of a more carefree world.

5. I sometimes pick up insects and other small creatures I find in the sidewalk or the road and move them, to keep them from being stepped on or run over.

1. I don't have a facebook account.

2. I wish i had a friend to chat with on WhatsApp and go OMG and IKR all the time like a 16 year old girl.

3. I like cartoons.

4. I'm tired of saying sorry.

5. I'm stealing number 5 from TheSkaFish, i do that too, especially frogs and snails.

1. I've been able to skate as long as I can remember.
2. I have a weakness for footwear.
3. It says 'Male' on my birth certificate.
4. My memory is beginning to show signs of wear & tear.
5. I haven't had a proper holiday in too long.

1. last book read: "The Promise of a Pencil" by Adam Braun
2. I love travel but rarely get to actually go anywhere so instead I travel in my mind
3. I have lots of "friends" but no true "Friend"
4. I become easily bored
5. I wish I had a hearty, deep belly laugh like a Santa Claus or something.

Peaches said:
1. I like lists
2. Since I was 14 I tried most of the diets of the planet, to realize after many years that if I want to look slender I have to be hungry part of the time
3. I have a thing for (some) men in drag, after early in life vision of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
4. Whenever I remember, I pat the head of my Yogi of Orang Malu statue

for good luck, and each time it reminds me of my grandpa who also had a very bald head
5. I did pay to access unlocked levels in Facebook games, and I am ashamed of it

#3 on your list - me too! :p For myself, though, it started as a 10-year old seeing Boy George in the video 'Karma Chameleon' for the first time. (But Tim Curry is gorgeous too!) :D

SophiaGrace said:
Alma lost her spoon said:

Were you born intersex or are you trans?

Just curious as to why this may be.

A simple slip of the pen & nothing more EssGee, I've been a girly since birth, though I've always been tomboyish & did really want to be a boy when I was quite young....I remember when I realised there was a difference between boys & girls & that I was a girl-I was gutted!

I have an updated corrected extract of my birth certificate but they wont reissue another original & my original contains the mistake.

SophiaGrace said:

Were you born intersex or are you trans?

Just curious as to why this may be.

A simple slip of the pen & nothing more EssGee, I've been a girly since birth, though I've always been tomboyish & did really want to be a boy when I was quite young....I remember when I realised there was a difference between boys & girls & that I was a girl-I was gutted!

I have an updated corrected extract of my birth certificate but they wont reissue another original & my original contains the mistake.

I almost added that third option of it simply being a clerical error but didn't. Oops!

1) I'm a Greek American
2) I play Ingress
3) I'll be training soon to be a crisis textline operator for teens.
4) I like to read
5) I love doctor who.

Yeah mine has been weird too, but only with facial recognition. I'm getting people mixed up lately all over campus. I think they are one person but really they're another. I don't know what's up with that other than I used to be superb at recognizing faces.

It's a weird change.

How is yours changing?

BrokenInside said:
1. I cant resist anything minty.

chagak said:
3. I'm an evening person.

Minty said:
1. I find puppies way more beautiful and interesting than human babies

3. Candles, I loves em.

Volmornu said:
5. I love staying in hotels/motels. I guess it gives me a sense of freedom, safety and luxury, all in one. A home away from home. An escape and very small adventure.

ladyforsaken said:
3. I have really ugly stretch marks

Rodent said:
2. I don't have a driver's license.
3. I have a list of over 500 films I've seen consciously and I can tell the plot of at least 90% of them...I think.

edgecrusher said:
1. I love the snow because when it's snowing heavy enough I can go outside and the world is actually quiet for once.
3. There is something about me that only one person knows that everyone else would find surprising.
4. Being around people frequently and for long periods of time exhausts me.
5. I suck at sleeping.

WishingWell said:
3. I love fake ladybugs and collect them.
4. I much rather give gifts than get any.

Punisher said:
I want a baby turtle.

ABrokenMan said:
My idea of sightseeing: going to off the beaten path places, abandoned buildings, desolate places, areas with a historical vibe so I can imagine myself back in that time period.

TheSkaFish said:
5. I sometimes pick up insects and other small creatures I find in the sidewalk or the road and move them, to keep them from being stepped on or run over.

Peaches said:
1. I like lists

^ Random things about other people that are also about me!

TheSkaFish said:
I sometimes pick up insects and other small creatures I find in the sidewalk or the road and move them, to keep them from being stepped on or run over.

I do that too...Also when it rains and I am outside I walk slowly and carefully and set aside all the snails that are on my way..That's No 1

2.The only thing that makes me truly happy is interacting with animals..

3.I started reading again so I can escape my reality

4.I can't resist anything chocolaty

5.My smile is awkward...

1. Depending on the country I'm living in, I'm known either by only my middle name or only my first name.
2. I've had several pet lovebirds.
3. I want to love what I'm studying and what my eventual career will be but am finding it very difficult to do so.
4. I love singing although I can't carry a tune in a bucket. But it doesn't matter, it only bothers those within hearing distance and they became scarce pretty fast.
5. My ideal home would be in a tree and it would have an unreasonably large library.

Aisha said:
4. I love singing although I can't carry a tune in a bucket. But it doesn't matter, it only bothers those within hearing distance and they became scarce pretty fast.

Me too! I love singing and it doesn't really bother me where I am or what I'm doing. I have a habit of singing along with the instore radio station at my local supermarket - this draws much attention... usually of the 'Oh no! It's an escaped mental patient!' variety.

SophiaGrace said:

Yeah mine has been weird too, but only with facial recognition. I'm getting people mixed up lately all over campus. I think they are one person but really they're another. I don't know what's up with that other than I used to be superb at recognizing faces.

It's a weird change.

How is yours changing?

I've got a lot on my mind often & I've been finding for a few years that I write things down-if it's not in my diary it doesn't happen. My class times are different each day & mostly I remember my regular classes but any additionals have to be in the diary.

That's not what's troublesome though.....I sometimes have a little difficulty with words, only occassionaly but enough that I'm aware.....sometimes I know a word but it just wont come, like it's stuck....this concerns me. I took quite a lot of drugs in my younger day & my concern is that this is the onset of the troubles I may have caused myself.

Once I'm fully away with the fairies I wont give a **** but the part between now & then if I have to go through awareness of losing it over a period of time-well that would suck quite frankly. I have so many things I would like to do!

I think having word finding problems is normal. It even has a name for it...tip-of-the-tongue phenomenon it's called. :)

1. I have to cut down on giving people gifts this coming year, because I can't afford it. This makes me really sad.
2. I have been changing medications every week or two to get a medication to work for my depression and to motivate me.
3. I met my best friend on an AOL chat room in 2004.
4. I love tomato sandwiches with mayonnaise.
4. Around the house, if I don't have a pocket, I put my cell phone in felt owl purse around my neck.

1. I'm a gamer (although, I don't have the time to devote to it like I use to)
2. I can draw (no time for that either anymore)
3. I write poems and stories (haven't done that lately either and no you can't see anything)
4. I sleep on the couch in the winter (my kids' beds are in the toy room) so I don't have to heat my upstairs
5. Thanks to health issues, I had to cut dairy (and caffeine) out of my diet, so now I'm completely vegan. I miss dairy and caffeine :(

Latest posts

Back