An article about loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimizu

Reaction score
http://www.personal-development.com/chuck/loneliness2.htm

All right, I feel lonely and want to do something about it, so what must I do? Start by understanding a simple law of life which can help solve almost any problem. That law is: You have to give away what you wish to receive. Our actions are balls that bounce back to us. A corollary of that law is: Don't give others what you don't want to receive. If I punch someone, they will punch me back. If I hug someone, they will hug me back. It's as simple as that. And that is the wisdom contained in the teaching, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
rofl. rofl. rofl.
Life taught me completely the opposite. What about you, lonely friends?
This "moral" is so stupid. Most people just want to harm the weak. Doing nice things for people results in them backstabbing you eventually.
As for the rest of the article.. it's just banalities that are obvious to anyone with some common sense.

mimizu said:
http://www.personal-development.com/chuck/loneliness2.htm

All right, I feel lonely and want to do something about it, so what must I do? Start by understanding a simple law of life which can help solve almost any problem. That law is: You have to give away what you wish to receive. Our actions are balls that bounce back to us. A corollary of that law is: Don't give others what you don't want to receive. If I punch someone, they will punch me back. If I hug someone, they will hug me back. It's as simple as that. And that is the wisdom contained in the teaching, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
rofl. rofl. rofl.
Life taught me completely the opposite. What about you, lonely friends?
This "moral" is so stupid. Most people just want to harm the weak. Doing nice things for people results in them backstabbing you eventually.
As for the rest of the article.. it's just banalities that are obvious to anyone with some common sense.

Yea that article was rather dumb. Obvioussly the person who wrote it had a happy ending to his own loneliness and thinks its due to something he did. Which probably is true, but I'm sure luck had a lot to do with it as well. I do agree with the statement that we shouldn't just sit here and drown in self pity, because noone wants to reach out to someone who's just gonna burden them with their problems and leach onto them... We should get out there, or see a psychologist to work on our social shyness, and try to fix our own problems. Expecting the world to reach out to you is to be naive. The world doesn't care - it's too busy with its own hunt for companionship and its own struggles with loneliness.

But the article had a tone to it that implied that it's our own fault we're lonely - and that we're the only ones who can find a way out of it - and this is so not true. You can only do so much for yourself, the rest has to come from the outside world. Right place right time type of stuff.

Latest posts

Back