Ladies' Thread (guys, you probably won't like this thread)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuppence

Reaction score
Aren't period pains just the most horrible thing ever?

Not that I'd be terribly keen even without the pain, but ouch.

Fiance has been very kind, but I can tell he's horribly embarrassed.

*Hugs*

I totally get what you mean, I hate that time of the month. Especially when there's a special event on and you just feel like ripping out your insides. Uhh, sorry got a bit gruesome there :p

Thanks, Veruca :)

Don't worry, I would like to do exactly the same thing.

I once went to the chemist to ask for advice, and ended up asking if they did sex changes.

Don't forget the stains that get on your clothes, and sheets. What a pain. Oh and the smell. =P

Glad I don't have to deal with it muhahaha!!

I'm scared about the two months I'll be in Nepal and dealing with my flow then. My cycle sucks balls; a day of irrationally, followed by cramps cramps cramps and then the scene from The Shining. You know the one.

Oh man.

I think I would rather deal with lower back pain than cramps, especially when meds + heating pad won't do the trick :( When those two fail I just sit in the fetal position for the next, I dunno, however many hours wishing my cramps would gtfo and hoping I don't puke.

Oh how apt. Haha.

And yes, I was actually thinking about this few days ago. It's a pain yes, it's uncomfortable, yes and the back aches and sores definitely don't make life any better (exaggerating here lol) but I always make it a point not to be unreasonable cos of it. A lot of women give the excuse that they're having the period thus they are irritable and annoyed a lot, but it's not an excuse to be unreasonable to other people.

All I'm saying is, we can be irritable and annoyed and unreasonable to ourselves, but let's not do that to others, especially men lol because honestly, I don't think they can truly understand what it feels like to go through this monthly cycle. Haha. Let's not expect them to understand and give them a hard time when they don't, when they don't go through it themselves! Just see this happening too many times and makes me feel ashamed for it.

Now.. I need a back rub. Where's my man to do it??? :p

^ I agree! I think its pretty natural though to sometimes snap or get irritated without intending to, but it helps to apologize quickly and explain things to the people around. Its much better than just expecting them to put up with our mood swings.

Lola - I hope your trip goes well dear! :)

My period pain really depends on what I've eaten and how much exercise I've had the day before. But it has been so painful that it's not uncommon for me to vomit on the first day. Last summer I had an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't cancer or something like that, because it seemed to be getting worse. Turns out it was just somatic-psychological trauma (yay?!).

My period pains were horrendous. I would only get a period once every 3-4 months, ever since I started, and it seemed like it saved up all the pain of the missing ones and hit me at once lol.

However, 2 years ago I got the Nexplannon contraceptive implant. One of the side effects is that its stopped my periods completely :D :D :D

Not had a period in literally years!

Would recommend it to anyone, even if you are not sexually active or need contraceptive

demotivation.us_A-real-man-Loves-her-all-month-long_130799621230.jpg

Having been off an oral med for the monthlies for about three years now I do feel way off balance before, during, and after it arrives. The side effects, symptoms for such a blessing (though feels like a curse some times) are almost unbearable... I have contemplated getting on meds again however I found out two years ago I have spots on my liver that may have been caused by the oral meds I had taken for years …

(nice picture Limlim)

Girls mood change, upset stomach, vomiting are part of this cycle. For pain relief, try over the counter painkillers such as ibuprofen etc. Women who exercise daily often have less pain. Avoid caffeine, high salt, alcohol and smoking during this period. Heating pad and warm bath may also provide some relief.

Limlim AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And oh dear, I'm sorry ucxb! I hope you're ok now though!

I don't get too much pain although I have before. These days it's more emotional crap than anything. :\

The pain is gone, yay!

I have super strong painkillers on prescription, but they only reduce the pain, they don't get rid of it completely. Still, any reduction in pain is always welcome!

I would try your suggestions, Broken Inside, but I don't drink alcohol or caffeine, I don't smoke and I don't really eat salt unless it's part of a recipe. I also walk everywhere as we don't have a car and I hate buses. But imagine how much pain I'd be in if I did do all that stuff! I suppose it's a sign that things could be worse.

Ladies, I believe it's almost time for my monthly, and alli want is coca cola and junk food. I have been doing so well eating healthy and exercising but I WANT JUNK!

Latest posts

Back