Sleeves heart

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew88

Reaction score
So after events of yesterday as well as past events and sort of knowing it comes to full realization that I wear my heart on my sleeve. Anyone else also do this? How do you deal with it? The quick infatuation, the over reacting to heart broke, being to attach etc. BESIDES living and learning? Do you have any struggles with it?

I used to be like that. Not sure about now, perhaps still, yes.

When I used to get too emotionally attached to people, not just romantically, but also in my job because I work with a lot of troubled or disadvantaged youths, I tend to get easily attached to them and get so affected with their lives.

I had to learn it the hard way because I went into depression for awhile cos of my job. Was talking to a really good friend who helped me realise what I was doing and from there, I kinda just kept reminding myself to learn to detach. It's easier now. Not sure what I did but basically be more aware and careful of my feelings and emotions.

Basically, learned to care less. Still care enough, but not excessively. Sometimes, it's not easy, of course.

I do, i can get very attached to people very quickly. With me it seems like i either get very attached quickly, or not attached at all. Of course with its exceptions.

How i deal with that? I don't really know, it's hard. I am constantly trying to distance myself from others, but then i feel very sad when i don't feel enough connection and end up feeling lonely as a result. It's a bit of a vicious circle, so to speak.

What does help me is writing down thoughts in a diary of a sort, that way you have less need to share the thoughts with other people, and can be cold with others more easily.

Keep a safe emotional distance until you know it's safe. Although, it's really a risky game. Someone can prove to be trustworthy and then screw you down the road. I think what is required is caring about yourself, and to have no regrets about caring about someone else whether it's a friend or more. No one should ever regret giving love to someone no matter what. I think it's a wonderful thing regardless of the outcome. But back to the question.. it's good to keep a barrier up not against the other person, but for yourself to protect yourself. Have no expectations and prepare yourself that things may not be what they are right now with said person. Anyone who hurts you on purpose, is better to not associate with anyways and aren't meant. Lots of people out there to choose who to let in.

Rosebolt said:
I do, i can get very attached to people very quickly. With me it seems like i either get very attached quickly, or not attached at all. Of course with its exceptions.

How i deal with that? I don't really know, it's hard. I am constantly trying to distance myself from others, but then i feel very sad when i don't feel enough connection and end up feeling lonely as a result. It's a bit of a vicious circle, so to speak.

What does help me is writing down thoughts in a diary of a sort, that way you have less need to share the thoughts with other people, and can be cold with others more easily.

that 1st sentence is so me

I bounce back violently between wearing my heart on my sleeve and not wearing my heart at all. I can't seem to find a nice middle-ground yet.

Im still trying to discover myself. I see the pain its causes when u get attached to people and they let you down. I guess cas of this i am trying to not get to close to people unless i know for sure they wont let me down.
I can get attached to people fast and make em like they are something they are not in my head and get hurt.

Latest posts

Back