What is the dumbest thing you have ever done?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theraab

Reaction score
I have several that are candidates for the dumbest thing I've done:

- I once tried cutting my own hair the day before a baptism (I was 33 when I did this - the front was fine, but it is surprisingly hard to cut the back of your own hair - Jackie was furious when she saw this).

- I was changing the electric pilot ignitor on my water heater, and while I was holding the new one I pressed the button which gave me a painful shock (they produce a spark of a few thousand volts) - I honestly couldn't believe how badly it had hurt, so I pressed the button a second time. (yes, it really did hurt that much).

- The receptionist in my office gave me a can of pepper spray which I became curious about - but rather than spray it directly in my eyes, I did the "smart thing" and sprayed it on my hand, and rubbed it in my eyes.

- I was screwing around at my office and accidentally set the carpet on fire (I melted the sole of one of my shoes stomping it out).

I headed off to the yearly town festival completely shitfaced, got in a fight with 3 guys with one of em ending up stabbing me, passed out, woke up in the lap of the woman I had a secret crush on for years, and then accidentally confessed while saying stuff I was supposed to just be thinking in my head.

I blame it on the whole recently passed out and bleeding to death thing.

Breaking my foot is right at the top of my list. I'm still paying for that one mentally, physically, and financially.

And here's irony for you, I'm building the exact same thing I fell from for a neighbour at the RV park today- this time using scaffolding....

Hmm, one that springs to mind is when I was at this house party, off my head on drugs. A bunch of us were sitting at the table in the kitchen when one of the guys who lives there reaches into the cupboard, pulls out a jar of chilli sauce and says "who's got the balls to snort a line of this?"

No one would do it so naturally, I volunteered myself. He made a small line of it on a plate and rolled me a tube out of some thick paper, and handed it to me. I snorted that honeysuckle right up into my face, and it wasn't so bad. He looked me in the eyes, I could see by the look on his face I was about to regret it, and when he said "you just snorted the hottest chilli sauce... IN THE WORLD", it hit me. By god, it hit me.

I ran to the bathroom and barged in, where this girl I fancied was doing coke with her friends. The bath was the only free spot so I ran over there and projectile vomited all over it, as the girls yelled at me to gtfo, but I was going nowhere, and started to run the tap directly into my mouth and up my nose in a futile attempt to cool it down and stop the horrendous burning. Was so awful I even considered drinking the shampoo, but managed to get to the sink and eat some toothpaste instead.

Wont be doing that again.

ladyforsaken said:
Limlim said:
I shoved a piece of Styrofoam up my nose. It got stuck.

And why would you do that?

Well to be fair I was a toddler at the time, but the excuse my mom uses was that she took home the wrong child by accident from the hospital nursery ward.

Me too, I had to go to casualty when I was a kid for sticking a bead up my nose, it started bleeding a lot. I really gotta stop putting things in my nose.

1. Stuck a Q-tip in my ears one morning, you know, because I like having clean ears... It got stuck, I had a busy day so I went about my business then finally around 3pm I walked to the minor injuries etc. unit of the local hospital, where I was told off by a nurse for shoving things in my ears and for waiting so long to go to the hospital. After being told off I explained how I'd been hoping it would just fall out of it's own accord, the nurse's face said it all...
2. Dated a guy who tried to force himself on me prior to our dating.

Oh man, too many dumb things that I've done to fit into one post. I instantly think of when I was like 11 or 12 and I shaved off my eyebrows because Guile (a video game character) did it and he looked cool. I felt like a complete dumb ass in front of family and in school until they grew back. Jeez, how dumb.

Distanced myself from people because I felt like I was too stupid/unattractive/boring to be worthy of their company and ended up losing good friends. *slaps head*

1. I forgot about that time I bleached my hair blonde, turns out blonde really doesn't suit me, at all.
2. Put a metal object in the microwave, microwave did not blow up/break. :)
3. Trying to cook when drunk.

Maybe there should be a "What is the dumbest thing you've done today." thread for some of us.

theraab said:
- The receptionist in my office gave me a can of pepper spray which I became curious about - but rather than spray it directly in my eyes, I did the "smart thing" and sprayed it on my hand, and rubbed it in my eyes.

Omg... lol, I have thought about doing something like this. I know how people can endanger themselves by having their "bear" spray used on them, and I remember someone saying that police/armed forces personnel are trained to be less sensitive to it. I've wondered about how I could possibly muster up the courage/idiocy to test drive the stuff.

Latest posts

Back