I'm Not Taking Life Seriously Anymore.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JustALonelyGuy

I've come to the harsh reality that, life goes on regardless how you feel. Whether we ahve social problems etc or not. The problem I see with my problems (not tlaking about anyone else here) is ebcause I take life to seriously. Ive noticed how much better I feel when I dont look at other peoples actions and I lvie by my own rules. No conformin to society's expectations and worrying waht to say I do.

fresia, if I want to do something, Ill do it. if I dont want to do it, then I wont. I jsut dont give a monkeys fresia waht people think of me anymore. Ill say how I feel, if people like or don't like it. No skin of my nose. Im jsut onna go to work, act a clown and then leisure time o out drink and smoke some ciarettes. Lifes too short now. ive ahd enouh of feelin like shite over thins Ive no fuckin chance in chanin (albeit, other people and society, I cant change it alone anyway). Some of you miht think 'hes buryin is head in the sand' but waht of it. This is just my outlook. Ive had enough. Why take life serious when 95% of the time noone takes you serious?

Anyone with me?

Have you stopped giving a monkeyfuck what you think about yourself? I did that some time ago and now I'm completely incapable of giving a fresia (monkey, flying or otherwise) about anyone or anything not important to me

Yeah jz. I reckon now we are on the same enlihtened path me thinks! :D

Hey jalg, I dont know if its my place to say this but ill say it anyway. From your other posts ive read so far you seem like a sweet guy with a sensitive, empathizing spirit and I know that youve been having a hard time dealing with life. So while I think it may be useful to care less about some people, I think you should still let your conscience guide you in doing the right. A wise friend just reminded me that at the end of the day we have to ask ourselves what kind of person we want to be and if that resonates with our conscience. I hope that made sense :)

JALG, this is what I've been telling you all along! You can't change other people, and people will always be people. No point and not worth trying to be bothered by the way people behave or act.

And what sweet Veruca above said, is right too, as well as what I've said before, although you don't really care what other people think or do, at least have enough care to do good towards them - no matter who they are. You are a better person and you wouldn't wanna be like them who just don't care about others. Nothing wrong with doing good to anyone - just don't expect it back in return cos half the time, the good deed may not be returned to you.

*hugs*

Veruca said:
Hey jalg, I dont know if its my place to say this but ill say it anyway. From your other posts ive read so far you seem like a sweet guy with a sensitive, empathizing spirit and I know that youve been having a hard time dealing with life. So while I think it may be useful to care less about some people, I think you should still let your conscience guide you in doing the right. A wise friend just reminded me that at the end of the day we have to ask ourselves what kind of person we want to be and if that resonates with our conscience. I hope that made sense :)

Ty Veruca and Lady, I think you two know me the best on this site so far. I like that you tlak about spirit. You mustve really sensed my real persona deepdown and its heartwarmin. Yes, Im not throwing anythin away. i think its mixture of frustration and feelin 'powerless' if you get me regardin people. Im honoured to recieve the replies I ahve so far and from you too and Im bloody grateful I tell you! *hugs* to both

I don't know you that well, I've read some of your posts and you seem like a decent guy, one who generally wants to help.

I kind of agree with you in a way, you should do what it is that makes YOU happy, not what you think will make someone else happy, so I guess the question is - What do you want?

We all care too much about others opinions, fitting in etc. It's normal, and to an extent sensible. If you want to run around in your underwear, flapping your arms, well you may get arrested. If you want to do something that means somethign to you that does no harm to anyone else, why shouldn't you?

Maybe it's not something expected, some people may sneer, laugh even, don't let them tear you down, rise above it.

Thats what I'm trying to do.

Good luck to you, don't lose that spirit I've seen and others have validated, but live your life for you.

Start today.

Veruca said:

+1

It's a good thing to let other people's thoughts and actions have less of an impact on how you feel about yourself.

But its a fine balance. There is a danger of slipping too far, and becoming the very things that you hate in others.

Confident, but conscientious. :D

Life is what you make of it(to a degree).

I struggled in college(like every other time in my life)because I didn't have much of a social life. It was all studying, studying studying even on the weekends. I watched tv and occasionally talked to people but didn't hang out with anyone much. I thought college was suppose to have this fun element and I was disappointed and depressed because I missed out on it. I tried out for a fraternity but didn't get in.

I realize now it's all about managing expectations. You can't control what other people do and you also can't make other people responsible for your happiness or state of mind. Life goes on and you just have to deal with it and not judge it.

Right now I am the president so to speak of a social group on the internet(actually a singles group technically). Not many people sign up for events so a lot of times it's just me but I go out anyway. I cant force people to join me. I can't force people to like me and I can't force people to be my friend.

Latest posts

Back