why

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shinojuly

why we r here? cos lonely?

people come here and write down their loneliness.
i read their loneliness because im lonely too.
some words made me cried, some words r disgusting.
but why we r here?

come and go,up and down.
it seems people here r like quicksand, we still can not catch anything.

but i need a friend, or some friends. when we r lonely, we could talk each other. we could share and help.get warm in winter, cool in summer.

can we do something else except complain?

shinojuly said:
some words made me cried, some words r disgusting.

Here's me hoping that my words--assuming you have come across dem pearls--haven't disgusted you too much.

And here's a parsimonious though probably imperfect explanation of our reticence: Loners are usually of the tongue-tied sort. It comes with the territory, I suppose. Some of us may be taking our cue from real life--we are scared of saying the wrong thing and shooing people away. We've done it in the brick-and-mortar world (often quite painfully for ourselves), so we fear a repeat performance in the virtual world.

Note that I repeatedly use the word "we" above when I really should be using the word "I", since I it is impolite to speak for others. But using a collective pronoun makes it easier to say certain things about yourself, I think.

But all that aside, let me make an effort: Hello shinojuly, how are you? I am well. I am male. I am also too old, too lonely, and too comfortable to do anything about it. Here endeth the vague introduction. What's yours?

What? And give up the warm afterglow that always follows the bitching-n-moaning jags? :)

Be well.

--ss7.

But all that aside, let me make an effort: Hello shinojuly, how are you? I am well. I am male. I am also too old, too lonely, and too comfortable to do anything about it. Here endeth the vague introduction. What's yours?

hi ss7,here is mine,
im fine ,thanks, im female, i m not too old. lonely, not comfortable, try to work hard, but i cannot work on every monday. its like a doomsday to me. i dont know why. i found this site a few weeks ago. and i hope i could do something to help others and myself.

What? And give up the warm afterglow that always follows the bitching-n-moaning jags? :)

im sorry, i didnt understand when i read the above at the first time.

take care,
shino

shinojuly said:
hi ss7,here is mine,
im fine ,thanks, im female, i m not too old. lonely, not comfortable, try to work hard, but i cannot work on every monday. its like a doomsday to me. i dont know why. i found this site a few weeks ago. and i hope i could do something to help others and myself.

I'm sorry to hear about your Monday morning struggles. I also sometimes have to force myself to do the things I have to do to keep body and soul together. You can always let us know about how your Monday went. We're listening [with a nod in the direction of a certain someone who used to be on primetime television.]

shinojuly said:
ss7 said:

im sorry, i didnt understand when i read the above at the first time.

Sorry, I was just trying to be funny [Note to myself: Stop! Not your strong suit!]. It doesn't mean anything.

I get the feeling some of you are kind of young. If you are not locked into marriage of struggling to raise children, I beg you to turn off your computer at least three times a week and go somewhere. Start shopping for a meeting for worship that is compatible with your personal beliefs. It doesn't matter whether it is Baptist or Bhuddist. Find a place where you can have a cup of apple juice and talk to others face to face. Go to the mall with no money and window shop until security asks you to leave. Crash a party you weren't invited to. Pretend you were. Give the host/hostess a gift (flowers for a female; a Southpark action figure for a Male) and thank him or her for inviting you and stroll on in. If you are in high school, sneak out of your window at night. Stay out past curfew. Give your parents just a tiny bit of hell. That's what parents are for. Absorbing a bit of the hell of growing up. But don't sit here and be lonely while you still have a chance at making genuine human connections with people your own age.

The initial letter of my first name is 'S'. And I like the number '7' for no apparent reason. So I took the first letter of my first name, repeated it once, and tacked on my favourite number to create the stupid-sounding username that you see here. In my defence, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Latest posts

Back