Playing in the dirt

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MissGuided

Soooo, am I the only one who has an interest in flower or vegetable gardening around here? Anyone else perchance?

I grew money trees while playing the sims. But I've always lived in apartments since reaching adulthood so having my own land for planting stuff was never something I could do.

I love getting filthy in the garden. Although this year I have no yard to tend to, but I may grow some things in pots. I have some potted perennials that should be growing back soon. :)

The only way I could ever have a green thumb is if I were to take Kermit the Frog on a date with a happy ending.

OK, so 4 stores and $320 later, I think I got everything I wanted. Except a foot massage, my dawgs are barking loudly, lol. But, I'm glad I'm not the only 'garden nerd' here - I do love to make things grow, it's so rewarding!

perfanoff said:
I have a plant in a pot. Do I qualify?
Absolutely, you do. What type of plant?

LoneKiller said:
The last couple of years I've been growing sunflowers.:D
I love those, Jason. I actually bought some sunflower and zinnia seeds today.

Limlim said:
I grew money trees while playing the sims. But I've always lived in apartments since reaching adulthood so having my own land for planting stuff was never something I could do.
Wait - you can't buy your own real life land with Sims money? I smell prejudice....

Okiedokes said:
I love getting filthy in the garden. Although this year I have no yard to tend to, but I may grow some things in pots. I have some potted perennials that should be growing back soon. :)
Yea, I do container and some stuff in ground as I have a teeny tiny yard, too. I try to keep most of the veggies in the ground and do the herbs and flowers in pots.

Badjedidude said:
The only way I could ever have a green thumb is if I were to take Kermit the Frog on a date with a happy ending.
I approve of this 'happy ending' scenario - always.

blackdot said:
I love doing gardening.
Are you planting anything this year?

I've always wanted to build my own artificial pond to grow lotus flowers. I know that's a stretch from normal gardening... But meh... Before you ask Badjedidude, I wouldn't build a pond to ask my local amphibians for a date. ;)

Badjedidude said:
MissGuided said:
I approve of this 'happy ending' scenario - always.
Are you green? Wanna go on a date with me?
Depends - who's getting said 'happy ending'?!

defenestrate said:
I've always wanted to build my own artificial pond to grow lotus flowers. I know that's a stretch from normal gardening... But meh... Before you ask Badjedidude, I wouldn't build a pond to ask my local amphibians for a date. ;)
Oh, I think that is a wonderful idea. I wish I had the space for that, they are truly beautiful. A girlfriend of mine has a lovely coy pond and it is so relaxing to just chill out and watch them.

^OK, then - a girl has to make sure to read the fine print these days, ya know.

MissGuided said:
^OK, then - a girl has to make sure to read the fine print these days, ya know.

Fair enough.

Just letting you know that everything's alright; I'm on the up-and-up.

........................so to speak.

^It would be impossible for me *not* to have faith in someone with such a spectacular beard, Jedi. I do believe Lim covets it, as well.

MissGuided said:
^It would be impossible for me *not* to have faith in someone with such a spectacular beard, Jedi. I do believe Lim covets it, as well.

Why... thank you kindly. :cool:

Latest posts

Back