facebook purge

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duff

Reaction score
Ive just deleted most of my so called friends on facebook. All but one of the people I work with.

Ive had enough of the arsey comments. Got some last night and they get 'liked' by someone else. It felt like they were getting at me. Just had some more (just because I won the grand national sweepstakes again) - so I deleted them. I think if they have a problem then talk about it to my face. This morning they didn't, nice as pie. And then I get a shitty comment which gets 'liked' by some other wanker.

So that was it, I deleted all of them. Just left one, who I consider to be a friend.

So pissed off with the people I work with. I've said 'morning' all week and none of the ******* have even replied. Just ignore me, walk a few paces and say a bright 'hello' to somebody else. How am I supposed to feel after that ?

The only nice people at work are the customers. They keep me going, smiling and saying 'hi' to me.

I mean they never admit they do anything wrong, it's always my fault. We was short staffed on Thursday and this woman walked in and spent and hour in the managers office crying instead of working. Talk about unbalanced !

The only reason I still keep my facebook page is because it's the only way I can talk with someone I got added there, never post anything, like, or any of that other crap.
I never got the whole hype behind it in the first place.

Sigma said:
The only reason I still keep my facebook page is because it's the only way I can talk with someone I got added there, never post anything, like, or any of that other crap.
I never got the whole hype behind it in the first place.

well i run a lottery syndicate at work and a few have left so I need to tell them they owe money every now and again. That's the only reason Ive kept it.

I don't want anything to do with anybody from work, I see them for hours on end every day. Once I'm home I want to forget about them.

I think I have 13 friends of there now, mostly family members, a couple of people from the lottery syndicate and that's mostly it.

Just be careful not to get caught up in workplace politics duff. I hope the tension there doesn't become too much. Hang in there and don't mind it man.

I don't have facebook for this very reason.

To much bitching and after some observations on their comments etc, they were stupid enough to make nasty comments about fellow workers and managers........a bit thick if you ask me... Other than half arsed trendy protests and airing your private life on the internet, i don't see the use for facebook... home of the narcissists if you ask me.

I have such colleagues like yours too, duff. It's annoying, but I guess you can only ignore and not let it get to you.

As for Facebook - let's just say it harbours some evil.. and those "Likes" make it contagious. There are of course the positives to Facebooking, like what Sigma said - but that's about it. I don't expect or be bothered much about what goes on there.

perfanoff said:
Just be careful not to get caught up in workplace politics duff. I hope the tension there doesn't become too much. Hang in there and don't mind it man.

thanks. The tension was building up anyway, alot of ill feeling. I had this woman start shouting at me because of something I had written on facebook. She must have looked at somebody's mobile because she doesnt even have an account. Things like that, people talking / doing things behind my back. And then saying they know nothing about it.

I think I will just use my facebook to display my photo's now.
Most of the comments were boring anyway, 'i am going to the pub' - that's what cluttered up my wall.

If anybody says anything i will say I'm not going to use to anymore. I doubt they will, all the fresia they do is talk behind somebodies back.

Skid Row 89 said:
What you did sounds liberating, should try it myself or better yet, delete my facebook account altogether.

it was good deleting all those people. Most of them hadn't done anything to me but there was no point keeping them. All they write is honeysuckle.

I never used facebook. And I resent the fact that jobs try to use it as a hiring/firing guide.

Look, your private life and public life are separate. Using one as a guide to another is an intrusion of privacy. If a teacher wants to be a stripper in her off hours, seriously, is it anyone's business? But we have "morals" committees, as if morality is an absolute that you can shove down people's throats.

The only thing that matters, is that you shouldn't be on the internet having casual chats (phone/internet/otherwise) during company time. Any kinky things you do in off hours, these are what make you interesting. Firing someone because of that smacks of conformity.

duff said:
Skid Row 89 said:
What you did sounds liberating, should try it myself or better yet, delete my facebook account altogether.

it was good deleting all those people. Most of them hadn't done anything to me but there was no point keeping them. All they write is honeysuckle.

why did you add them then though?

facebook is a fantastic tool for keeping in touch with family and good friends who don't live nearby. Using it as a popularity contest to see who can accumulate the most number of fake friends? Not cool.

and I would never ever ever add my boss on facebook! I've had bosses request it too but no way!

those types of requests from people caused me to change my profile picture so it's not a picture of me. There are a lot of people on fb with my name so people just cant find me. all my privacy settings are way high and it works really well for what i use it for.

Sigma said:
duff said:
Skid Row 89 said:

why did you add them then though?

gradually when facebook was taking off and it was all new.

Facebook is not all bad, but many people seem to use it for the wrong reasons.
Do you avoid driving because there are bad drivers?
Do you avoid the internet because there are bad websites?

Embrace the good, avoid the bad. Good job Duff! Dust off them shoulders, don't look back!

I think I'm a bit of a Facebook loser. I deleted it a while ago because I was basically talking to myself (with the odd comment from an irritating aunt of mine) and then I joined again recently, only to talk to myself again.

I used to blog (it wasn't popular) so I guess in that way I'm used to the whole talking to myself business. I try to use Facebook like a blog, but I think in the end it either looks like I'm up myself, showing off about my life, or just plain nuts!

Doesn't help that I'm not into mainstream things as I'm a bit of a hippie :p so I get the odd "Why are you doing/not doing that?" comment thrown in. It's discouraging, but if I let it affect me then that would be going against who I am, and I'm happy with who I am.

Dove said:
I think I'm a bit of a Facebook loser. I deleted it a while ago because I was basically talking to myself (with the odd comment from an irritating aunt of mine) and then I joined again recently, only to talk to myself again.

I used to blog (it wasn't popular) so I guess in that way I'm used to the whole talking to myself business. I try to use Facebook like a blog, but I think in the end it either looks like I'm up myself, showing off about my life, or just plain nuts!

Doesn't help that I'm not into mainstream things as I'm a bit of a hippie :p so I get the odd "Why are you doing/not doing that?" comment thrown in. It's discouraging, but if I let it affect me then that would be going against who I am, and I'm happy with who I am.

For a long time I had about 3 friends. My brother, this lass from work and this guy who shared my surname. I never got many friends requests and when I sent them I generally got ignored. Gradually my friends list increased to 28.

I usually wrote alot of different stuff. I posted songs from you tube, I mentioned my golf, I kept people updated about the lottery syndicate I run. I expressed my opinions about sport and other things. I wrote about the books I'm reading and the films I've seen. I hardly got any responses, maybe a 'like' here and there. If I contributed to a thread by someone else I would get somebody slagging me off or having a go at me most times. And of course these comments got 'liked' by my so called 'friends'

Most people on my wall wrote about having a 'sesh' at the pub or drinking a bottle of vodka. Of course comments like this got loads of 'likes' - other people would write that they are out somewhere with someone. Showing off, or write love messages to each other.

The only good thing was the few groups I joined, mainly about authors I liked or films. It was interesting reading people's opinions.

duff said:
Dove said:

For a long time I had about 3 friends. My brother, this lass from work and this guy who shared my surname. I never got many friends requests and when I sent them I generally got ignored. Gradually my friends list increased to 28.

I usually wrote alot of different stuff. I posted songs from you tube, I mentioned my golf, I kept people updated about the lottery syndicate I run. I expressed my opinions about sport and other things. I wrote about the books I'm reading and the films I've seen. I hardly got any responses, maybe a 'like' here and there. If I contributed to a thread by someone else I would get somebody slagging me off or having a go at me most times. And of course these comments got 'liked' by my so called 'friends'

Most people on my wall wrote about having a 'sesh' at the pub or drinking a bottle of vodka. Of course comments like this got loads of 'likes' - other people would write that they are out somewhere with someone. Showing off, or write love messages to each other.

The only good thing was the few groups I joined, mainly about authors I liked or films. It was interesting reading people's opinions.

a week on. No messages on facebook. I don't think anybody has noticed. This woman at work was obviously ignoring me and not talking but she got fed up after an hour and was allright after that. My wall on FB is alot better now, no honeysuckle. I havent written anything, only posted a few photo's. I think I will stick to that. I would rather be aloof and distant, I don't want everybody knowing my business.

Latest posts

Back