Do You Ever Feel Like You're Going Insane? (Seriously)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hey All!

This is a little embarrassing to ask, but do you ever feel like you are slowly losing your marbles? For the longest time now, it feels as if I'm turning into an insane person. I feel more interested in violence, the days go by at an alarming rate of speed, I have gained interest in the oddities in life, and am seemingly getting more and more paranoid in my every day life. It is making me as nervous as a hooker in church.

Do any of you feel this way?

Godspeed.
LK

At periods it has happened, but mostly because of the disconnection from human society

I would say also with disconnection from yourself. And yes, but i always felt nuts, it comes and goes...lately its been scary, my new therapist is completely confused... one day she has a bright intelligent woman in front of her, and the other a paranoid, hopeless, incoherant lost soul. It feels lonely when even your therapist doesnt get you....i feel alone in this.

I'd be happy being insane. I imagine it would be a chaotic, active, exciting, frightening life.

Stagnation and boredrom worries me a lot more than insanity.

^that's what lsd was invented for

I hate the saying "crazy people don't know that they're crazy", but it's often true. As long as you don't believe everything your brain tells you then you're relatively safe. (Seriously) insane people have no hope from their deluded thoughts and experiences.

painter's radio said:
As long as you don't believe everything your brain tells you then you're relatively safe. (Seriously) insane people have no hope from their deluded thoughts and experiences.

Sure.

But insanity could also mean disbelieving everything your brain tells you.

Strike a balance between the two, and you're probably closer to sane than insane.

Hey LK, I'm sorry you're feeling all this anxiety *hugs*. I definitely feel like I'm going insane sometimes, but then I wonder if that's insanity or if its just society's version of what is sane/insane.

Whenever I get into this mode, I find it helpful to categorize things into how I feel, what I do, what my thought patterns are like etc. Usually I end up discovering one little trigger that instead of dealing with head on, I've just repressed and it manifests in odd behaviours/thoughts. Once I address the trigger, I'm ok again.

Does that make sense?

Hope you feel better soon though...

Back in the day I used to be an insane guy, but now once in a while I'm still a loose cannon.

If I ever go visibly insane on this forum, will you lovely guys tell me? I will know what to do then. :)

Last month, I had a complete and total nervous breakdown. It actually started in December, but gradually got worse.

I am seeing my therapist tomorrow, so I hope to talk about things that are troubling me.

if it makes you feel any better about your marbles, i was watching conspiracy videos and got SO paranoid.

I was kind of insane but i switched over into a boring kind of lifestyle. Working eats all the energy from creativity. No more time to be insane - just a constant feeling of being a bit lost.

Hey LoneKiller, *waves*...
I think I know the feeling, like LeaningIntoTheMuse I've also had a nervous breakdown before.
There's more reasons than that but I'll talk about it some other time, just know for now you're not alone in how you feel and remember no matter what you do, there's always someone more messed up than you (what I mean is, hold on, you'll be OK, regardless of if you are crazy or not at least you are reaching out to people).

Nope. Whenever I start feeling like I think about things differently to other people, I just remind myself that everyone is different. We're all insane, in our own little ways. So long as I don't go around sucking windows, making faces at random people, exposing myself to the elderly and liking my little pony, I think I still deserve a place on this world and/or society.

Then again, who knows.

LoneKiller said:
It is making me as nervous as a hooker in church.

Given the current Australian Royal Commission (heavy-arse Federal inquiry) into sexual abuse by the clergy in various denominations over many decades, I'd wager the hooker in the church is one of the more pious ones.  Everything she does is consensual, and she feels the need to go to church.

I feel like life has got so strange to me over the course of the last decade and I'm trying to make sense of it all.

Latest posts

Back