Any wrestling fans here?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memories

Reaction score
Anyone here into WWE or TNA? What's your take on guys like CM Punk? And did anyone happen to catch WrestleMania over the weekend? I thought it was pretty decent. Enjoyed Punk vs. Taker and the Jericho vs. Fandango match was better than I thought it would be. Also, is it just me who expects Zeb Colter to do the vomiting gag off Little Britain every time I see him?

I used to be a wrestling fan because of The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin. I also liked a lot of legends such as Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage, because Pro Wrestling in the 80s and 90s are the best decades ever.

Are younger wrestling fans in this modern day and age ever going to learn anything about old school WWF wrestling instead of ignoring the past?

Love wrestling. Been watching it since I was - quite literally - born. My brother saw Hulk Hogan on TV when he was two. He's two years older than me, so it might been before I was even born. But I didn't have a chance. And going to live events... There's nothing like 'em. Just absolutely fantastic. Haven't been to a TNA event, but I would go if I ever got the chance. I wasn't able to go to this year's WM either, but I did watch it.

21 and 0! That's all I needed to know.

Believe it or not, I used to watch WWE. My favourite was always Jeff Hardy. :shy:

Meh, when I was a kid I liked it. As I grew up I realized I was spending an hour watching grown, sweaty, steroid-injected men jump on each other and hold each other down in awkward positions, in tights.

ladyforsaken said:
Believe it or not, I used to watch WWE. My favourite was always Jeff Hardy. :shy:

He's in TNA again. Having a match at the next PPV for the title again, I believe.

I like AJ Lee

She's the queen of my heart

That's... all I know about wrestling o.o

Wrestling... worst thing ever.

a.aaa-Not-The-Best-Wrestling-Match.jpg

ajdass1 said:
I like AJ Lee

Whenever I saw your username I always think of AJ Lee, I was going to ask if you were named after her, but I figured you wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about xD

Wrestling is one of my obsessions I have to admit...and I thought Wrestlemania horrible! It was so dull and generic the undercard matches were forgettable, HHH/Lesner was boring and Rock/Cena had the most awkward and unrealistic passing of the torch moment in history. Undertaker/CM Punk save it from being a total flop...

However the Raw after Wrestlemania was freaking incredible, the crowd was immense, they made Fandango a star, Ziggler finally became the Champion, "About **** time!" as he said and it was so much fun! That Raw episode had totally brought back my excitement for Wrestling when it was dwindling on the crappy road to Wrestlemania

So yes, I'm a fan :D I was actually a moderator of a wrestling forums a few years ago

GioRocket said:
ajdass1 said:
I like AJ Lee

Whenever I saw your username I always think of AJ Lee, I was going to ask if you were named after her, but I figured you wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about xD

Wrestling is one of my obsessions I have to admit...and I thought Wrestlemania horrible! It was so dull and generic the undercard matches were forgettable, HHH/Lesner was boring and Rock/Cena had the most awkward and unrealistic passing of the torch moment in history. Undertaker/CM Punk save it from being a total flop...

However the Raw after Wrestlemania was freaking incredible, the crowd was immense, they made Fandango a star, Ziggler finally became the Champion, "About **** time!" as he said and it was so much fun! That Raw episode had totally brought back my excitement for Wrestling when it was dwindling on the crappy road to Wrestlemania

So yes, I'm a fan :D I was actually a moderator of a wrestling forums a few years ago

Actually it's just a coincidence, because my initials are AJ, too. But sometimes when I'm feeling down, I think to myself, it's ok - I have the same first two initials as AJ Lee, it can't be that bad!

But no, I have no idea about wrestling. I just came across some photos of AJ Lee and thought, holy honeysuckle, she's AWESOME. So I watched some videos of her wrestling and I thought that not only is she clearly a great wrestler, but she can really sell her performance, as well.

I'm sort of a wrestling fan. Not as much as I used to be like three or four years ago though. WWE has gone down the tubes in recent years, things are just too boring so I usually don't pay much attention. My dad was watching Wrestlemania the other night, I watched a few minutes of each match, but honestly, I didn't see anything that was really that "good". The Taker, Punk much was especially a let down. I don't know, it just doesn't feel like Taker has that spark anymore. He just looks flat anymore.

Because Taker is in so much pain. He doesn't even go to the doctors anymore... They have to come to him. They visit him in his home, that's how bad it is for him. He only gets one match - and that's at WM - each year. That's why some people are angered about him. Because they feel like he's taking up a WM spot from someone who could use a break out.

VanillaCreme said:
Because Taker is in so much pain. He doesn't even go to the doctors anymore... They have to come to him. They visit him in his home, that's how bad it is for him. He only gets one match - and that's at WM - each year. That's why some people are angered about him. Because they feel like he's taking up a WM spot from someone who could use a break out.

That too. Undertaker is a legend in the business, but I think it's time to hang up the boots. I see he has a match next week on Raw with D-Bryan and Kane against The Shield. It's going to be odd seeing him on something beside Wrestlemania.

VanillaCreme said:

Haha Where do you get that information? I doubt there is any truth in it xD

Plus, Taker/Punk was the match of the night, and Taker was visibly in much better condition that he was last year. There are much worse thing in WWE than the Undertaker right now...

GioRocket said:
VanillaCreme said:

Haha Where do you get that information? I doubt there is any truth in it xD

Plus, Taker/Punk was the match of the night, and Taker was visibly in much better condition that he was last year. There are much worse thing in WWE than the Undertaker right now...

Are you kidding me? You can look at him and tell he's in pain. Do you not read body language at all? Truth be told, he does hide it very well for the most part. But I've been watching this man wrestle all of my life. It's completely different seeing him now than it was 20 years ago.

You must not know wrestling very well.

I am not disputing he is in pain, he is an old man these days so of course he won't wrestle like it is the 90's. And the fact he can still put on great matches at this point is a testament to him. I am disputing the fact he is housebound lol

No need for disrespect, I know wrestling very well :D

GioRocket said:
I am not disputing he is in pain, he is an old man these days so of course he won't wrestle like it is the 90's. And the fact he can still put on great matches at this point is a testament to him. I am disputing the fact he is housebound lol

No need for disrespect, I know wrestling very well :D

It's not about him being housebound. It's because the doctor visits became so frequent, that they just decided it was easier to move the doctors as opposed to him flying out to wherever to see them. Which, I would think is better anyway, because he's got a new baby (well not new-new... She's probably two by now), and I'm sure he won't want to fly out and around often anymore, which is also why he doesn't wrestle nearly as much anymore.

Has anybody ever been to a wrestling event? I have been to four over the years when WWE does their European tours. I remember then vividly:

A double Smackdown taping at Manchester in 08 with the main matches being Jeff Hardy vs The Undertaker in an Extreme Rules match and Jeff Hardy vs Triple H for the WWE title. Awesome night, its a shame I was way back in the cheap seats lol but it was still an awesome experience.

Then I was at a Raw event in 09 just after Wrestlemania 25 in Liverpool. Much better seats this time, 5 rows from the ring, it was so awesome seeing everything up close.

Then a Smackdown event in Manchester a year later, this one wasn't so good, Jack Swagger had just won the World title which was a truly horrific reign haha but Bret Hart was there so that more than made up for it.

The last one was last year after Wrestlemania in Manchester again, the matches were truly horrible but it was just at the time when Yes-mania had started, so having 15,000 people chanting "Yes! Yes! Yes!" all night with Daniel Bryan was so cool. Plus, I high fived Sheamus, he got boo'd out of the building during his match against Bryan but it still made my night xD

Latest posts

Back