A friend?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuppence

Reaction score
I think I've actually made a friend in real life. I'm kind of scared of talking about it in case it all goes wrong, I usually do mess friendships up at some point.

But someone wants to be my friend and spend time with me socially, and that's never really happened before. She's female as well. I've never had a female friend.

I met her when she was my doctor. I've seen her lots of times as she looked after me during my second pregnancy and she was a great support when my elder daughter needed an operation. She's now leaving, but she says she'd like to stay in touch as friends.

I'm trying not to get too excited - I believe she genuinely wants to be friends, but people make plans like that all the time, only to find real life gets in the way and there isn't time to stay in touch with everyone. I'm just so happy she wants to be friends, but I'm going to try not to expect too much.

Yeah, great stuff! I hope you guys stay in touch and enjoy each other's company :)

Thank you, Veruca and Ladyforsaken. I hope so too! :)

She didn't email me today, but I am determined not to get paranoid.

Latest posts

Back