anyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahlone

Reaction score
I am looking for anyone to write to who understands feeling lonely. I spend all of my energy trying to appear ok that I have little left for anything else. I only talk to my mother about being alone and depressed but I can not fully express my feelings to her because I make her sad that there is nothing she can do to help me.

So, is there anyone out there to write with? :(

I would....unfortunately im no good at writing.
you can still talk to me on here if you want.

Hi Sarahlone, I welcomed you somewhere else but all do it again here :) Welcome :)

You should fined someone here. Just keep posting on different things and hopefully you well find someone to write/mail back and forth with. I know what you mean about discussing things with ye parents tho. I could not do that ether. Not every thing Ive felt in life. Would upset um to much. Well, I think they probably know I get lonely, But still.

ps Hijacc. write - mail, same thing :p lol

Bluey said:
Hi Sarahlone, I welcomed you somewhere else but all do it again here :) Welcome :)

You should fined someone here. Just keep posting on different things and hopefully you well find someone to write/mail back and forth with. I know what you mean about discussing things with ye parents tho. I could not do that ether. Not every thing Ive felt in life. Would upset um to much. Well, I think they probably know I get lonely, But still.

ps Hijacc. write - mail, same thing :p lol

:p

Skorian said:
What is up Sarah?

Just kinda tired of pretending to be happy when I am not. I do not have any real friendships. My last friend split on me. We became friends at a lonely point in her life and well, she is no longer alone and has no more time for me. I smile alot at work so people think life is grand for me....I think. They are all in a relationship of some kind and are always chatting about their plans. I come home and sit and then sit some more listening to my own breathing. Days like today I often wonder how much of this I can take. A holiday is coming and just like all the others I will either be working or home alone, I do not know which is worse. I usually get stuck working because everyone knows that I am alone and those who are not like to have holidays off to spend with friends and family.

When I do decide to let someone know that I am lonely they ask for my number and promise to call but never do. I fell pry to jerk guys who apparently smelled my loneliness from miles away and off course used me so I do not want to date. Sucks to be me.

Hijacc said:
I would....unfortunately im no good at writing.
you can still talk to me on here if you want.

Thank you! You don't have to be good at writing, anything is better than nothing at all:)

Sarahlone said:
Skorian said:
What is up Sarah?

Just kinda tired of pretending to be happy when I am not. I do not have any real friendships. My last friend split on me. We became friends at a lonely point in her life and well, she is no longer alone and has no more time for me. I smile alot at work so people think life is grand for me....I think. They are all in a relationship of some kind and are always chatting about their plans. I come home and sit and then sit some more listening to my own breathing. Days like today I often wonder how much of this I can take. A holiday is coming and just like all the others I will either be working or home alone, I do not know which is worse. I usually get stuck working because everyone knows that I am alone and those who are not like to have holidays off to spend with friends and family.

When I do decide to let someone know that I am lonely they ask for my number and promise to call but never do. I fell pry to jerk guys who apparently smelled my loneliness from miles away and off course used me so I do not want to date. Sucks to be me.

How-dee do? Lana Lue?
Okay Well yes I can relate to not having any real friends and all that.. except for people on this site like airbug and so on.. i really do have no friends. Well I have no present touchable friends lol.

But this is life; for now. So Miss. Sarah.. let's talk..where do you work? do you enjoy your job?
And yes :) guys can be such jerks (girl can be mean as well ..but lucky that's not our consern hehe). I don't know how to find a good guy.. How old are you btw?

Humm..well my day was pretty slow and depressing got up for class, felt really sad in class, went for brownies and there was none.. its amazing how much I waste money just to get rid of the sadness lol. It's a stupid sadness as well.

You say you pretend to be happy... I think they were right when they said pretend something long enough and you become what you pretend. Does it feel that way for you? Well it's the weekend.. how do weekends usually go for you?

Hoping you reply..
a fellow alonelylifer
Jales

Hello Sarah, i know a lot about being lonely, it's virtually amazing when I look back on how many years I've spent crept up in my room. At this point I am a slave to this loneliness, being alone for so long left me depressed and anxious, I get very nervous just standing next to someone.I too tried talking to my mom but she told me that nothing was wrong with me, people are always quick to say "stop being so weak! go outside!" I don't think they can ever relate to what it's like being so alone. I'm just happy I'm not the only person in the world that experiences this feeling, hopefully someday things will get better for me, until then I'm just taking it day by day.

hey sarah feelfree to pm me anytime, I don't really have any friends so i end doing a lot of stuff by myself, eating lunch studying, going to movies, i fly solo.

i hope things get better for you too, and thats good advice just try and take it day by day

evanescencefan91 said:
hey sarah feelfree to pm me anytime, I don't really have any friends so i end doing a lot of stuff by myself, eating lunch studying, going to movies, i fly solo.

i hope things get better for you too, and thats good advice just try and take it day by day

How-dee do? Lana Lue?
Okay Well yes I can relate to not having any real friends and all that.. except for people on this site like lonelwolf and so on.. i really do have no friends. Well I have no present touchable friends lol.

But this is life; for now. So Miss. Sarah.. let's talk..where do you work? do you enjoy your job?
And yes :) guys can be such jerks (girl can be mean as well ..but lucky that's not our consern hehe). I don't know how to find a good guy.. How old are you btw?

Humm..well my day was pretty slow and depressing got up for class, felt really sad in class, went for brownies and there was none.. its amazing how much I waste money just to get rid of the sadness lol. It's a stupid sadness as well.

You say you pretend to be happy... I think they were right when they said pretend something long enough and you become what you pretend. Does it feel that way for you? Well it's the weekend.. how do weekends usually go for you?

Hoping you reply..
a fellow alonelylifer
Jales
[/quote]
Hi Jales
I am sorry to hear that you have no touchable friends. I am an RN and yes, I do like my job. I work in emergency rooms. I feel rewarded when I have made somebody else's day a little better plus, it is instant gratification. The people I work with are just aquaintences. At times I blame my job as the cause of my being alone. I work such really odd hours.

I really didn't mean to lump all guys into the jerk group eventhough my message read that way. I have not taken a poll so I do not have the statistics to support my claim. I am not really lookin for a anybody but it would sure be nice to learn how to spot the jerks so that I could take the opposite direction. :D

No brownies? How could that possibly happen?:shy: Ok, I am being silly now. I have been known to try to eat myself out of a depressing day. For me, trying to eat my way happy is counterproductive because, I have to pay that back in workouts. What class did you have that day?

Weekends....well, if I am not working (more often than not) I just watch tv, watch movies, study, over eat, or, sleep. I get so depressed when I have more than 2 days off. I do not like the weekends that I am off of work. Come to think of it, I don't like to spend my weekends working either. What do you do with your weekends?

Pretending to be happy has not been fruitful but, then again, how long do you have to pretend something before it becomes true?

Sarah:)

seekingpeace said:
Hello Sarah, i know a lot about being lonely, it's virtually amazing when I look back on how many years I've spent crept up in my room. At this point I am a slave to this loneliness, being alone for so long left me depressed and anxious, I get very nervous just standing next to someone.I too tried talking to my mom but she told me that nothing was wrong with me, people are always quick to say "stop being so weak! go outside!" I don't think they can ever relate to what it's like being so alone. I'm just happy I'm not the only person in the world that experiences this feeling, hopefully someday things will get better for me, until then I'm just taking it day by day.

I often wonder how I ended up this way. There have been days where I have tried to convince myself that I will always be lonely and to just get used to it and be happy. I usually only wind up even lonelier.

My mother thinks (my conclusion) is that if she talks to me everyday I will not be lonely. I let her believe that and at least one of us is sort of happy.

yes, I too am just taking it day by day. I am glad to hear that you have not given up on things getting better.

evanescencefan91 said:

i hope things get better for you too, and that's good advice just try and take it day by day

Thank you for the invite to pm, it feels good to know someone is there. I feel weird whenever I go to the movies alone. It works best for me to go to early showings because there are usually no groups of friends or couples to make me feel even more weird, depressed and sad. I almost signed up for a salsa dancing class until I read the part about bring a dance partner, a minor technicality.

Latest posts

Back