...do I have a problem?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinzoku

Reaction score
A while ago I said that I was just lonely. But my brother keeps calling me fat and fatty and when I went to smack him, my mom beat the crap out of me. Almost broke my glasses, too, and I anger I...uh...punched a hole through a door. Usually I just...repeatedly slam my head against a wall, I don't know why I did that. And my mom pointed out many things; I'm lazy, dot take care of myself, prideful and hardheaded, I smack or punch everyone (even my girlfriend and best friends), and I'm so lonely I lead a sad existence. I can't stop sobbing, but I also can't help but feel that something is terribly wrong? But I can't get help even if there is.

Sounds like anger management issues. You should probably see a professional and see what they say about it.

If there are people around you that are just pointing out flaws and not helping you mentally or physically, you need to get away from them. Tell someone in school (assuming you are in school) about it. Somebody can help you.

I'm sorry your family treats you so badly Shinzoku. That's horrible. It sounds like you might be taking out your hurt and frustration on other people too, which isn't really helpful at the end of the day, because you may end up pushing away the people who genuinely care about you. I agree with Kamya, and Jocsaint, you should really talk to someone, like a counselor perhaps? Hope you feel better soon there.

Shinzoku said:
Usually I just...repeatedly slam my head against a wall, I don't know why I did that. And my mom pointed out many things; I'm lazy, dot take care of myself, prideful and hardheaded, I smack or punch everyone (even my girlfriend and best friends)

Slamming your head against a wall? Why do that only to hurt yourself? :(

And smacking or punching your girlfriend and best friends???

You've only got yourself to blame tough guy.

Ps, Excuse me if that sounds harsh but Punching girls is a big no no with me...Take a deep breath and have a good long hard think about things and speak to someone who may able to help you.

I'd start with not beating on girls, because that's gonna land you in a lotta trouble one day if you don't curve that.

I'm a girl. But I have been trying to stop- I'd teasingly punch people like oh yeah funny joke! but it just got worse until I hit so hard I'd bruise. At my school there is no counselor, per we, as they deal with classes and not issues like this. I pent it up until I hurt someone and it's gotten me in so much trouble :c

you just need a healthy dose of reality to teach you some respect.

respect for family, for friends and for yourself.

even if you dont like the people around you, you can only earn respect by respecting others. You will learn

So you are a butch, is that correct?

P.S. your mom is right. Regardless if she abuses you at home, you're a ******* bully. Taking out your hurt on innocent kids, so **** cute. How do you look at yourself in the mirror at the end of the day?

Shinzoku said:
I'm a girl. But I have been trying to stop- I'd teasingly punch people like oh yeah funny joke! but it just got worse until I hit so hard I'd bruise. At my school there is no counselor, per we, as they deal with classes and not issues like this. I pent it up until I hurt someone and it's gotten me in so much trouble :c

And it's going to keep getting you into trouble. I take it that you're a teenager, so you have quite a few years to learn the ways of the world. One day, you're going to get a dose of your own medicine, and you won't like it much, then you'll wise up a bit.

perfanoff said:

P.S. your mom is right. Regardless if she abuses you at home, you're a ******* bully. Taking out your hurt on innocent kids, so **** cute. How do you look at yourself in the mirror at the end of the day?

You know, that isn't the best way to convey your feelings about this situation. I agree, she is wrong by taking her anger out on a child, but we've all done something wrong before. Maybe she is only a bully because of her mother and the way she is treated by her family. You talking down to her and asking how she looks at herself in the mirror isn't helping her. I'm not trying to pick a fight or start an argument, I'm just kind of stunned at this post of yours.

The best advice I have for you, Shinzoku, is that you try and learn alternate anger management techniques. Maybe go to a gym and hit a punching bag? Even an inflatable punching bag would probably work out for you.

perfanoff said:

Pretty much everything you say reminds me of this quote perfanoff. I hope that someday you move beyond your double-digit I.Q.
photoapr17204038.jpg

Shinzoku said:
A while ago I said that I was just lonely. But my brother keeps calling me fat and fatty and when I went to smack him, my mom beat the crap out of me. Almost broke my glasses, too, and I anger I...uh...punched a hole through a door. Usually I just...repeatedly slam my head against a wall, I don't know why I did that. And my mom pointed out many things; I'm lazy, dot take care of myself, prideful and hardheaded, I smack or punch everyone (even my girlfriend and best friends), and I'm so lonely I lead a sad existence. I can't stop sobbing, but I also can't help but feel that something is terribly wrong? But I can't get help even if there is.

By no means do I condone or defend your outbursts but "...my mom beat the crap out of me." is indicating you following an example you've grown up with. You know it's wrong, you've already indicated that. Start there Shinzoku, think about the things you've grown up with that have been belittling- why would you want to do that to someone else? You might struggle with it for a long time (I did) but eventually you'll get to that place where the thought of bullying (be it physical, mental, emotional....) will make you consider where it's coming from and help you to make better choices. No ones going to like or respect you for acting out.

perfanoff said:

I don't think there's enough information there to be able to judge someone like this.

Shinzoku, I think these outbursts are controllable, with practice.

How are you feeling when you do these things? Angry? Hurt? Defensive? Sometimes, when people are troubled themselves, weather it's being bullied, mentally/physically abused, pressured, or even an unhappy living environment, can all cause emotional instability and causing you to react to certain things differently.

It would be worth identifying your thoughts and feelings when going through this.

WildernessWildChild said:
perfanoff said:

Pretty much everything you say reminds me of this quote perfanoff. I hope that someday you move beyond your double-digit I.Q.
photoapr17204038.jpg

That was probably the weakest insult anyone's thrown at me. My IQ chases 160.

Let me teach you something smart guy: my following of "Do onto others what you hope to receive" has nothing to do with my IQ. Frankly, if she was right next to me, I would hit her in the face or better yet hold her and have the kids she bullied hit her. It's not that I would feel good about hitting her. But it would give me the satisfaction that she gets a taste of her own medicine.

P.S. There is NO excuse for bullying. Not in my book. Deal with it.

perfanoff said:
WildernessWildChild said:
perfanoff said:

photoapr17204038.jpg

That was probably the weakest insult anyone's thrown at me. My IQ chases 160.

Let me teach you something smart guy: my following of "Do onto others what you hope to receive" has nothing to do with my IQ. Frankly, if she was right next to me, I would hit her in the face or better yet hold her and have the kids she bullied hit her. It's not that I would feel good about hitting her. But it would give me the satisfaction that she gets a taste of her own medicine.

I strongly suspect the only thing you're capable of teaching me is ignorance. I spotted a typo btw, you added a "1" in front of the "60".

I'd hope you're aware that your comment "...would hit her in the face..." makes you a hypocrite. You've got serious issues "genius".

As my professor used to say... "I have nothing to prove, the diploma is right up there - *points to the wall*" I may not be a genius, but it's all the validation I need to be confident in my capabilities.

I'll actually pay heed to the picture you posted, it's very relevant in this exact situation. THANK YOU and HAVE A NICE DAY.

perfanoff said:
... I would hit her in the face or better yet hold her and have the kids she bullied hit her.

perfanoff said:
P.S. There is NO excuse for bullying. Not in my book. Deal with it.

Done.

Perfanoff, seriously, if you have nothing to say that makes any sense, don't even. How you going to say you'd hit her - or worst yet, have everyone else beat on her - but then blink with the other side of your mouth and claim that there's no excuse for bullying. "It's not that I would feel good about hitting her. But it would give me the satisfaction that she gets a taste of her own medicine." IS an excuse, in case you didn't realize what you were typing.

Wilderness, calling other people idiots must make you feel superior. Now get out. This is a support forum for lonely people, not a place to make people feel small.

There are two particular reasons for a girl to punch guys (you said teasingly, so we'll start with the first one).

Part of you actually likes them, but you're socially awkward. In other words, like a crush if you grew up around a bunch of brothers. What created awkwardness is that somehow it went beyond a teasing into actual violence. Suppressing it just makes it worse, you have to figure out what you're feeling for the people you punch, love/hate/some other emotions. Doing this will help you think before you punch.

The other option is a bit disturbing. I think you mentioned being bullied. Regardless of these people blaming you, and hating on you, the fact of the matter is, a bully doesn't originate in a vacuum. Where does bullying come from? Behold, my pet theory. The advice they give people who are being bullied? "Stand up to them, since most bullies are cowards." So, let's take this advice to heart. The bully starts within you, face that part of yourself that hurts others, come to terms with it. Now reject that. Try to actually make friends with the people you've hurt, or at least make amends. Become a whole person, capable of more than beating others. Now, face you parents who are hurting you, and tell them to stop. Resolve not to let people do this to you anymore, and failing that, to not take it out on others.

bulmabriefs144 said:
Wilderness, calling other people idiots must make you feel superior. Now get out. This is a support forum for lonely people, not a place to make people feel small.

Hmmmm, did I actually use the word "idiot"? Nope! Feeling superior, wrong again. As far as making people feeling small have you been reading the posts the individual I've challenged makes? He advocates hitting/demeaning females, seems to think his diploma or "superior" education makes him better than others, implies that North Americans in general are nasty opportunists (I'm paraphrasing here but his commentary speaks for itself) and feels that vileness and vindictiveness is the appropriate response to threads.

I suggest you pull your head out of the sand, blink a few time, and look around instead of running off at the mouth based on a couple of posts in one thread. The only time I call someone out is when they're attacking someone in a malicious manner.

Have a most lovely day....

DAMMIT- nasty lads mouth and my retorts are not what this threads about, it's about a young lady finding herself in a troubling situation...

Getting back to Shinzoku...

You're young and reacting to situations due to what you've been exposed to. Not knowing what resources are available to you to talk to I'm going to encourage you to ask an adult that you respect and trust if they would be able to give you some direction. I'm not saying that you should ask them to "counsel" you, I'm just suggesting that you ask them if they could help you explore options as far as getting your feelings under control. For some it might be clergy, for others a counsellor, for others a self help book. My point is to look beyond what you've experienced in life so far and open your mind to other possibilities.

I simply do not want you to needlessly suffer because you've never had a chance to explore opportunities beyond what you've experienced thus far in life...

Latest posts

Back