This lass at work

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duff

Reaction score
This woman at work, I find her attitude towards me really odd.

I start at 6am to do the papers and she arrives at 6.45 before the shop opens. She knocks on the door because we aren't open. I walk towards the door and let her in. Sounds simple !

Anyway, Ive noticed that when I'm walking to the door (it takes me about 5 seconds), she always turns away and looks either to the right or left, pretending there is something worth looking at. I guess she doesn't like eye contact or doesn't like me looking at her. Or maybe she doesn't want me to smile at her. Sometimes someone else lets her in and Ive noticed she doesn't turn away with them. This includes men as well. She only does it with me. Today, I was a bit longer letting her in because I was doing the magazines. I think she thought the deputy manager was going to let her in. When I turned the corner and she saw it was me, she turned her head 180 degrees (sounds like the exorcist lol but you know what I mean lol ) and looked completely away. Reminded me of a frightened rabbit ! I opened the door and said 'morning' - she didn't reply.

So she's frigging odd, I know I'm not great to look at but .. I find it pathetic. Maybe I should put a bag on my head ?

ps she's quite chatty otherwise, talks about football alot. I asked her out 15 years ago, she said 'no' - surely she doesn't hold a grdge over this ?

Thoughts ?

Thanks !

I don't know, if you think you can, perhaps you can try and ask her if there's anything wrong? Or ask someone else to ask her?

Edward W said:
I don't know, if you think you can, perhaps you can try and ask her if there's anything wrong? Or ask someone else to ask her?

she isn't someone you can talk to about such things.

I don't let it bother me most times but today was a joke.

I'd be tempted to stop opening the door for her then if she's going to be rude.

Edward W said:
I'd be tempted to stop opening the door for her then if she's going to be rude.

yes I could pretend not to hear her. I know they don't make much effort letting me in.

have you tried to put yourself in her position? (sounds cliche, i know)

you come to work, knocks on the door. The girl you once rejected years ago comes to open the door for you (who knows how often and how long it has been).

i dont know. maybe this lady is the 'awkward with ex's' type? youre not an ex, but i think the same reaction applies. there may be more to this. but from the information youve given us.. i would say she is the 'awkward with ex's' type of person.

EveWasFramed said:
Maybe she likes you and is too shy to make eye contact? :D lol

ha ha !

I do sometimes think that. She has this massive crush on me but won't admit it to herself. So she ignores me etc and pretends to herself that she isn't bothered. Some days I don't really talk to her, if I go an hour or so, when I speak, she blushes and has this ghost of a smile on her face. I notice it all the time. She's 40 though and it all sounds very childish.

I've worked with her for 15 years and I could write a book. It doesn't bother me like it used to. I used to ask her why she isn't talking and she would always deny it. We once went 6 months without uttering a word to each other. We work in a small shop as well.

duff said:
This woman at work, I find her attitude towards me really odd.

I start at 6am to do the papers and she arrives at 6.45 before the shop opens. She knocks on the door because we aren't open. I walk towards the door and let her in. Sounds simple !

Anyway, Ive noticed that when I'm walking to the door (it takes me about 5 seconds), she always turns away and looks either to the right or left, pretending there is something worth looking at. I guess she doesn't like eye contact or doesn't like me looking at her. Or maybe she doesn't want me to smile at her. Sometimes someone else lets her in and Ive noticed she doesn't turn away with them. This includes men as well. She only does it with me. Today, I was a bit longer letting her in because I was doing the magazines. I think she thought the deputy manager was going to let her in. When I turned the corner and she saw it was me, she turned her head 180 degrees (sounds like the exorcist lol but you know what I mean lol ) and looked completely away. Reminded me of a frightened rabbit ! I opened the door and said 'morning' - she didn't reply.

So she's frigging odd, I know I'm not great to look at but .. I find it pathetic. Maybe I should put a bag on my head ?

ps she's quite chatty otherwise, talks about football alot. I asked her out 15 years ago, she said 'no' - surely she doesn't hold a grdge over this ?

Thoughts ?

Thanks !

I had a similar situation this morning but with two different women. One looked at her phone when I was walking to the door to let her in and the other just looked at the floor. So the original isn't much different from the other two, a bit more extreme though.

So maybe it's me ?

Maybe these women don't like looking at me ?

Maybe I'm too ugly to look at or they don't like the fact I am walking towards them ?

I suppose it's not worth worrying about.

Latest posts

Back