Forever single, how do i accept that?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomdude

Reaction score
I've had a few girlfriends before but it never really worked out. I am 18 and i have no confidence i am sometimes awkard and anxious and girls see me as an easy target. I am considered as one of the better looking guys around but it looks like i am missing something more important that the looks. Me and my father are a kind of people that someone can point out from crowd of 100000 people as we posses some kind of different weird presence. And once again i'll have to say that i hate my ******* life and i wish i was never born.

I don't really have any advice but I just thought I'd point out that your very first sentence completely contradicts your thread title. So because of that, there really isn't anything you need to accept.

You're 18 and youve had a couple girlfriends? Yeah that sounds like a "destined for loneliness" case if I ever saw one. Im 19 and I've never had a girlfriend. It makes me sad to think I will be 20 this year and have nothing to show for it.

Maybe you have other circumstances in your life that make it bad, I just dont know. But I dont think you can complain.

It is ok to be different, or weird as society likes to say. You said that you have only had a few girlfriends and that you are 18 years old. I am only 23, but it seems as though in the teenage years, many relationships don't seem to last long. Many people don't seem to be very serious when it comes to dating at this age, but some people are. Trust me, you are not the only one with the problem of relationships not lasting long.

You are young! You have soooo much time to find the right lady! For now, perhaps you could try to enjoy being single. Just because you have had a few relationships end does not mean in any way that you are a failure or destined to be single forever. There are many many women out there. You just haven't found the right one yet. It will take time to find the right woman, but with a bit of patience and looking around, it is possible.

I am also sorry to hear that you feel so bad. I do hope that you feel better soon.

Who knows! Maybe you will find an anxious or awkward woman someday that you will click with.

Dude, you're so young. :\

And I know you've heard the same crap again and again about you're young, got a life ahead of you etc etc. But if you've managed to have a few relationships before this.. what makes you think you can't have anymore?

I find that by focusing on what you don't have makes you less confident and this less able to attain it. I will also say that whether one has a relationship is not a be all end all.

On the surface, many people think my life is all together with a beautiful fiancée. But I have never felt so alone in my life. I have made the mistake of letting the relationship define my happiness. I almost have nothing else in my life because after 8 years of dating, those single friends don't want to play third wheel anymore. The only thing I have is one friend who lives on the other side of the country complaining about what a whining ***** his girlfriend is. So, like others say, you have had success at such a young age. Make you happy first. Surround yourself with positivity and happening, and the women will come.

According to the advert below your post you can start a family with a Russian lady, lol!

But really, 18 and had relationships, way too soon to give up, get positive and see where life takes you.

Do more interesting stuff. Look for work. Develop on your hobbies. You have to be happy with yourself for yourself first. Maybe then you'll get someone worthwhile, not that I'd know anything about that. But you can at least bring yourself inner peace by doing stuff you love. Besides, sex isn't all that great. :p

It's difficult to accept sometimes. Love and romance is like an addiction. But if you can get your head thinking about other things, and not finding a girlfriend, you can relax and enjoy all the other things that are out there in life.

You don't accept it at least not if you don't want to. You can accept it and be ok with it while at the same time being ok with a relationship if it does happen and it works out as long as you are ready for it to happen. I am in my forties and have always been single. I have never even had a real girlfriend. I have had a few flings here and there but it's been a while. I've also had a few online relationships that never went beyond talking on the phone. One of them lasted a few years. I never met her in person though.

All I can say is that life isn't fair. If you are willing to occasionally move out of your comfort zone then you might be surprised at what can happen.

Shiiiiit, at 18 I was still trying to surf down a hill with the aid of a skateboard (wheels removed) and washing up liquid, I was setting things on fire (viking funeral for a video :D ) and breaking stuff

Complain about this in 20 years time

You're just 18 dude. I'm 19 now and I've only had one girlfriend for a very short period and I wasn't really in love, it was just sexual attraction. Bottom line, I'm 19 and I've never had a romantic relationship. I am pretty sure that eventually I'll find someone to share my life with, I'm just 19 and I still have the prime time of my life (going to university) in front of me. I'm not worried, so you shouldn't be worried either. You might feel alone right now, but believe me, you shouldn't complain about being alone your whole life at your age.

If you define the prime of your life as being in university, I feel sad for you.

Why not? I'm going to study what I love, move out, meet new people, live in a new city... I can't imagine being in a better place. I liked high school but I think most people agree with me that studying is the best time of your life. Especially when you're really doing something you like. Art school in my case.

perfanoff said:
If you define the prime of your life as being in university, I feel sad for you.

http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson1.html

Lesson1.jpg

Latest posts

Back