Seven deadly sins

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of the "seven deadly sins" do you have the most trouble with?

• Lust

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Gluttony

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Greed

• Sloth

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Wrath

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Envy

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Pride

• Total voters

Qui

Reaction score
These are things you aren't supposed to do;
Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

Ok, everyone does them from time to time. Whatever.
Basically, what'd you do today?

It's hard for me to just pick one, so instead:

Lust: Yeah, I'm a typical guy when it comes to this. >_>
Gluttony: I eat a lot, but I can stop when necessary. I still do eat some foods that I shouldn't, though...
Greed: Well, I don't really have much, so I dunno if you could call me greedy. Frugal, perhaps?
Sloth: I do get pretty lazy sometimes. But I can also work hard at something I'm interested in.
Wrath: Definitely a big problem for him. I'm a misanthrope with lots of hate. =/
Envy: Hells yeah. I'm envious of people who have more money, more love, more happiness, and are overall just better off than me. It kills me.
Pride: I'd like to think I'm pretty objective about myself, though maybe the fact that I think I'm objective about myself is just me being proud? o_O

Yep...

Oh, and today had a bit of wrath and a bit of lust. >_>

Sloth is probably the worst for me. Right now all i want to do is drop on the floor and lay there forever and never get up.

I feel like that a lot

lust....well kind of im a guy if your a guy and you
dont have even the slightest lust there something
wrong or your jesus....
but id say envy is my worst
wanting the girl that girl that popular guy gets and treats shitty.

Lust: I think it's impossible to be a dude and not lust at least a little every day
Gluttony: I ate a lot today that's pretty gluttonous
Greed:nah not really I think I got one down at least:D
Sloth:Yea I sat around relaxing for a long time today very slothful
Wrath:I was pissed that my plans fell through for the second day in a row and now the success of the plans tomorrow involves if it rains or not..
Envy:O yea can't help but envy other people's things, capitalism couldn't work without envy:)
Pride:Nope, another one I can check off

NeverMore said:
Lust: I think it's impossible to be a dude and not lust at least a little every day
Gluttony: I ate a lot today that's pretty gluttonous
Greed:nah not really I think I got one down at least:D
Sloth:Yea I sat around relaxing for a long time today very slothful
Wrath:I was pissed that my plans fell through for the second day in a row and now the success of the plans tomorrow involves if it rains or not..
Envy:O yea can't help but envy other people's things, capitalism couldn't work without envy:)
Pride:Nope, another one I can check off

Agree
Lust: Its really hard for guys to control this.
Gluttony: I used to be really overweight
Greed: Money dosnt make me happy.
Sloth: Im going to work myself to death if thats what it takes.
Wrath: Its hard to get me angry
Envy: I wish I was someone else
Pride: I have none.

Lust: Under control!
Gluttony: Thin as a toothpick. Does that make god happy?
Greed: Money scare me. I try to hold a pretty distant relationship to my economy
Sloth: Sure, when I'm not at work ^^
Wrath: Oh no, I don't like to get angry
Envy: Yeah, I envy a lot. I envy people with friends, people with love and people who fulfill their dreams
Pride: Got too much pride. "Pride only hurts" Like Ving Rhames said in Pulp Fiction ><

Didn't they release some new, modern deadly sins from the vatican just a few weeks ago? More stuff to fail at! ^^

Yea they did just release some new ones

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7010282589

Luckily these are no brainers so to say, don't: take drugs, experiment on people, pollute the environment, cause poverty or social injustice or be gluttonous financially

The only one I'll have problems with is no genetic modification
That's gonna be part of my job:(

Lust: yea....a lot.....lol ..fresia i so hate it..its a burden
Gluttony: no...once in a blue moon i crave somth.
Greed: no
Sloth: yea
Wrath: mild
Envy: no.

Jeremi said:
and people who fulfill their dreams

i dont envy them just get really pissed

Pride: yes and no

Envy, cos I am not a jailer's person at all. But I do envy any one that has good health. I hate walking with a limp. Suppose we all have something we don't like about our self. I hate the fact my body is deformed do to a twisted spine. But I suppose I could be fat and struggle with that. So no body is perfect but I would be lying if I said I didn't envy fit ppl.

You should never comper yourself to other ppl but that's easier said then done. Also what an interesting question to ask.

Kristen said:
Bluey said:
is deformed
:(..I'm so sorry to hear that

Its OK. Its moor noticeable when am not wearing anything. So kinder dose put me of from going swimming. And am not into the sunbathing thing anyway. The sun comes out and I go in lol Must of been a vampire in a past life. But I still have a nice complexion tho :D Tis de blood I tels ye :cool:

lol, The sun is out to get me so I tend to stay away from it as well. That doesnt keep me from prowl-I mean nature walking in the night...

as for myself the sins I have most trouble with is Envy and Pride. I covet my friends since they seem to walk through life with a purpose and dont let things get to them, I merely hold it in. I'm too prideful to ask for help especially when I really need it. I dont want to appear weak in front of those I care about, even if they dont feel the same way.

By these posts one can see that gluttony and greed have become so integrated into our society that no one can even see it anymore.

Visionary said:
By these posts one can see that gluttony and greed have become so integrated into our society that no one can even see it anymore.

Well of course I can only speak for myself but I do not ever over indulged in food and I gave up smoking a 7 a day habit so I didn't even over indulge on that when I did it. I would diffenetly say am not a greedy person. I do struggle not to envy ppl. I would say I am a very honest person with my self and don't always like what I see. So I would say I don't have a problem with gluttony or greed. That's why I didn't vote for them but I voted for envy for that is the only one of the sins I have a problem with I would say.

BTW welcome to the forum and witch sine do you most struggle with?

Probably a few but sloth is most noticeable to me right now.

Bluey said:
I hate walking with a limp. Suppose we all have something we don't like about our self. I hate the fact my body is deformed do to a twisted spine.

I am sorry to hear that. I walk with a bit of a limp also. Normally it doesn't bother me unless someone feels compelled to try to imitate my walk thinking that it is funny.

Latest posts

Back