With all the Gender Issue Threads Here Lately

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

I just want to say something.

Look,

Everyone is first and foremost a human being.

This is the most important element of any dynamic you will ever face.

Hold onto this thought as if it is gold, because it is. Treat people with kindness, and do not put up with people who make you feel uncomfortable and cross boundaries with you.

Be assertive, genuine, kind, and...have congruence in your actions (be trustworthy).

Take into account how the other person feels. If you do not know how the other person feels, figure it out, and then start the process of trying to understand why they feel that way.

Make others feel valued. See the good in them, and they will more often give you good or be willing to show their good side to you. Seeing the good in others and valuing it will make your life better overall anyways. It doesn't mean you have to turn into pollyanna but give credence to the good parts of people as well as the bad. It prevents bitterness and burnout.

It is unattractive when you label a person when you just met them. "Oh all ___ are so and so." Wait, you don't know me. Do you know my name? Fine, I am a label to you instead of a human being.

Please please please do a self analysis and see where you biases lay. Eliminate them by trying to understand others on a human level.

Remember, we are all human. Treat others this way. If you do not understand how others feel because they've lived a different life than you (gender, race, class), then try to understand because, understanding will make interactions with others better.

Gender is not the end all be all. Your categories may be limiting you. Put people in a box and they will inevitably act out the box to you and confirm your biases you already hold.

Be careful how you treat others and do self-assessments on yourself to see how you contribute to things.

I guess people you know are the exception to the rule. I don't know you so I couldn't say how you'd react in a particular situation except for reverting to stereotype (which btw came from somewhere) of either your or my behaviour (mine being "I don't give a F how she reacts I don't know her" )

Also isn't it just easier to say "all men are ..." instead of "all men, well maybe 99% of them, give or take a few because I know Daniel would NEVER do this, oh and Pete but that's probably because he's gay, my dad might do that but eww. Ok some men are, oh yeah I forgot Tom, Jeff and Gordon who'd call me an emo for even thinking this, so about 25% of men are ..."

Of course it applies to those who actually believe that ALL men ARE ...

Wow Jzinksy, thats typical of a man to post a contradictory post like that... :D

+1 Rep to you Sophia, coming right up.

I'm kind of sick and tired of these men vs women threads. All it is is pointing fingers at the other sex. Take some time to look at your ******* yourself, Mr. or Miss Perfect before you start criticizing others. I honestly can't stand it anymore coming here to read about more people spewing the same old tired gender stereotypes. We all KNOW of them.

perfanoff said:
I'm kind of sick and tired of these men vs women threads. All it is is pointing fingers at the other sex. Take some time to look at your ******* yourself, Mr. or Miss Perfect before you start criticizing others. I honestly can't stand it anymore coming here to read about more people spewing the same old tired gender stereotypes. We all KNOW of them.

No. Kidding.

perfanoff said:

Do what I do, don't read them.

+1 Soph!
perfanoff said:
I honestly can't stand it anymore coming here to read about more people spewing the same old tired gender stereotypes. We all KNOW of them.

Is that a hint? You too leaving the forum? :p

It's normal to become frustrated with the opposite sex at times and often that's what you read on here in more reflective moments I think people understand our action aren't completely predetermined by gender.

Having said that violent crime is more common male trait so gender traits do exist, there's no point pretending otherwise, you can infer that certain traits are more prevalent in a certain gender you just shouldn't assume they are prevalent in an individual based on their gender alone, that's where the stereotype begins.

I'm sorry to hear you've been torn down like that.
You've always seemed like the decent sort, blackdot, I hope you feel better soon.

blackdot said:
from what I have been told, I am not a human being.

Pah! Whoever it is who said this; fresia them. Anyone who throws cheap insults to someone like this says alot about them.

Where do I find me one of those gender issue thingys? Think I'm left out of the loop:(

The Kid has gender issues- she frequently tells me girls rule, boys drool....it starts so young....

blackdot said:
SophiaGrace said:
Everyone is first and foremost a human being.

from what I have been told, I am not a human being.

Have there ever been instances where people have seen you as a human being?

WildernessWildChild said:
Where do I find me one of those gender issue thingys? Think I'm left out of the loop:(

The Kid has gender issues- she frequently tells me girls rule, boys drool....it starts so young....

As you have noted, it starts young. Children's conceptualization of gender starts very very young.

Latest posts

Back