"Politically Correct" slip ups...

• Thread starter WildernessWildChild
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

WildernessWildChild

You ever do something like that on occasion? I just did.

It's courtesy at work for a faster vehicle going past a slower one to call and say you're going around it on the radio- typically use the machine # and/or operator name. The guy I went around on a grader awhile ago has the last name Kasmikov but gets called "Crash"mikov behind his back due to a few incidents. I call "Loaded around 510 "Crash"mikov..."- there's been some laughter in the radio over that and the grader guy has been glaring at me when I go by (looks really pissed off...). My foreman drove by, swerved at me, and started laughing.

I suspect I'll hear about this one later :rolleyes:

WildernessWildChild said:
You ever do something like that on occasion? I just did.

It's courtesy at work for a faster vehicle going past a slower one to call and say you're going around it on the radio- typically use the machine # and/or operator name. The guy I went around on a grader awhile ago has the last name Kasmikov but gets called "Crash"mikov behind his back due to a few incidents. I call "Loaded around 510 "Crash"mikov..."- there's been some laughter in the radio over that and the grader guy has been glaring at me when I go by (looks really pissed off...). My foreman drove by, swerved at me, and started laughing.

I suspect I'll hear about this one later :rolleyes:

*chuckles in amusement*

I called my old boss a dick once. He was being a dick with everyone the entire day, I was thinking to myself that he was a dick. Instead of calling him over by his name, I called him dick!!

I think I'm kind of cursed with the unique ability to strategically insert my foot in my mouth at work- might be time to invest in a muzzle.

Sooooo, at the start of last nights shift I jump on the bus that takes us out to the pit where our trucks and other assorted heavy equipment was left by the previous shift. I've barely sat down and this incredibly noxious odor assaults my delicate olfactory sensitivities. Apparently the couth filter was set on low as I blurt out "What the f**k is that nasty smell- something die in here?". Nobody says anything but as the bus pulls out I notice everyone sliding their windows down (something we almost never do because of the dust). A couple of guys get dropped off at their trucks and I suddenly notice the smell has disappeared- WTH? The guy in the seat next to me then proceeds to tell me that one of the guys who just got off was the reason for the smell- wears the same clothes to work for weeks at a time, always looks filthy, and his nickname in high-school was "Pigpen"- apparently he gets very angry when people mention it and I should be prepared for a call from our Union Rep as he usually makes a complaint......He makes a complaint? Unreal.

Oh well, me at my finest yet again. If there is a complaint I think my response is going to be something along the lines of a firehose and a case of soap, it was gross.

Mouthy BC boy needs a bed soon.

Apparently he's married *shudder* and she's the same. I don't get it- there's water everywhere here!

He did make a call to the Union Rep- the Rep told him that its not harassment, it's observation and that he should deal with it himself.

People are strange.

Latest posts

Back