Im 22 and I ran the other direction when I saw my crush

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loveocean

Reaction score
Its hilarious to me in retrospect, but Im too intimidated to ask a girl out lol. I've actually told her I thought she was pretty, and she smiled and said thanks, best feeling ever,but dammit Ive lost all confidence since.

Same boat, it's like we have spurts of confidence and then it's gone. Like one makes progress one day and the next we go back to square one for whatever reason..

But man you had the guts to tell her she was pretty not everyone can do that. Obviously you know each other, so have you lost all contact with her? like after telling her she was pretty did you stopped talking with her? also why did you lose confidence if you had a positive feedback from her? something bad happen afterwards that made you regress? or awkwardness maybe..?

I'm like you so not the best in advice, i'm actually looking for similar help..but maybe we can help each other..

I think you should just go for it. Try not to think too much about it.. relax.. and just go. You live only once.

We both work at an airport, with different positions so I rarely see her. When I do I'm so excited that I get nervous lol

lol.
i lost my confidence for a long time but i managed to get it back by taking a drug lol.
When i took this particular drug i had the confidence to chat up every skirt i saw.
Its hit and miss but you no longer become afraid of rejection. I then found i still have that confidence without taking the drug because of the expierance i had.
Not suggestion this works for everyone or for people who are natrually she but i thought it was worth mentioning.
The drug i took and take wen i go clubing is a LEGAL high called escape.

This is probably terrible advice, but try drinking some alcohol to loosen yourself up and then ask her.

It seems like you're hyper-pressurizing your situation. You're treating interactions with this girl as if it's game seven of the World Series, instead, a more effective approach would be to treat interactions with her as if you're playing baseball in your back yard.

Something I tell my coaching clients is to imagine that there is a 6 foot sphere around your body. And that sphere is your sphere of reality. Everyone who enters your sphere of reality is now your guest. It's really about taking ownership of your world and responsibility over what happens in your life, because no one else is going to if you don't.

flaneur said:
This is probably terrible advice, but try drinking some alcohol to loosen yourself up and then ask her.

Good idea honestly. It'll still be a big effort but it makes it a little bit easier.

I know the feeling loveocean. Usually when I like a girl, in the beginning I'm very optimistic and confident, but after a while (when I want to undertake action) I usually don't have the courage to try something. It's not that I don't know how to make a move, I don't have any problems with "seducing" and flirting with girls I don't actually like (rarely do that these days tho, doesn't give me any satisfaction) , but somehow I am too afraid of rejection.

Latest posts

Back