What The Hell Do The Numbers Mean In My "Start Menu"?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi All!

The screenshot below is of my "Start" menu. I notice that beside some of them there is a number in brackets. I circled Google as an example. What does this mean? I use windows 7.

Thank you for viewing.:)

-LK

MULTI_zps3424a1ea.png

Hmm, never seen that before, it seems to indicate alternate copies of the shortcut.

If you right click it, then go to Properties, then on to the General tab, you can rename it there.

If this does not work, go to 'C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu\' here you can see all the shortcuts, delete any duplicates and see if that works.

9006 said:
Hmm, never seen that before, it seems to indicate alternate copies of the shortcut.

If you right click it, then go to Properties, then on to the General tab, you can rename it there.

If this does not work, go to 'C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu\' here you can see all the shortcuts, delete any duplicates and see if that works.
Will do. Thanks chief.:)

Latest posts

Back