Cinema Alone (probs yet another post about it!)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

drr26

Hi There, hows everybody doing? It's been a fair while since I graced this forum using an old account name. :cool:

I'm planning to go to the cinema alone for the 4th time this year.

I don't get out much especially since I quit work.

Does anybody else do this quite often, and do you get enough out of it to warrent going alone again? Going with others would be cool but I have nobody (literally)

I still enjoy it, especially when the film is good. Roll on Iron Man 3 ;)

If that makes sense lol it is 1 in the morning already!

I haven't gone to the cinema alone (yet) but i have done other things alone. I feel that if you really want to do something you should do it. Don't let being alone stricken you and stop you from doing the things you want. Iron Man 3 will be good, but I'm much more excited to see Man of Steel. If I have no one to go with I will see it alone :)

Never gone alone, I usually go with my brother. We see mostly superhero movies, probably going to see Iron Man 3 this weekend too. Sounds like it is supposed to be the best one yet.

Honestly, I only go by myself during film festivals, where there's lots of people by themselves. I really like it: the audiences are more "reactive". Sometimes people will just randomly start talking while in line, in the bathroom (well.... I am a female, mostly) or to other people after the show.

The problem I have is that everyone else seems to look at you like you're some kind of freak. Next time I go I'll take a notebook and make it obvious, that way everyone will think I am a reviewer or mystery shopper :D

I haven't actually been to the cinema for years, but I do remember that it was much more fun with someone else to share it with - provided they're not one of those people that talk through the entire movie.

drr26 said:
Hi There, hows everybody doing? It's been a fair while since I graced this forum using an old account name. :cool:

I'm planning to go to the cinema alone for the 4th time this year.

I don't get out much especially since I quit work.

Does anybody else do this quite often, and do you get enough out of it to warrent going alone again? Going with others would be cool but I have nobody (literally)

I still enjoy it, especially when the film is good. Roll on Iron Man 3 ;)

If that makes sense lol it is 1 in the morning already!

I always go alone. I like films and don't want to miss out watching them on the big screen. I go in the afternoon when it's quiet. It is a little awkward but I have got used to it.

It's better in a lot of ways. You get to choose the film you want to see. You get to pick the time and day as well. And you don't have to worry that the other person will like the film or not.

rdor said:
make sure you go on the least busy evening (like a Monday)

yes or in the afternoons

Yeah I will also be going after most others would have seen it. Films stay out much longer these days I've noticed.

I think the film will be cool, a little caos in a rich man's life will be interesting. I just wish I knew somebody to go with

I get looked at like I am a freak everytime I step outside, so I am used to that :p

Sci-Fi said:
Never gone alone, I usually go with my brother. We see mostly superhero movies, probably going to see Iron Man 3 this weekend too. Sounds like it is supposed to be the best one yet.

That's great but sadly my 3 brothers are not even 16 yet :-(

I just came from the cinema. (alone like always) Didn't think anything of it. I saw Iron man 3. Good movie.

For me, going to the cinema with someone is part of the whole experience. I've been on my own before, and after some bad experiences, started going either during the day, or on the unpopular nights (sunday, monday, and wednesday around here it seems). But it wasn't the same as going with someone. I like having someone to talk to about the film after, over a drink or a meal. I like it to be a shared experience .....

I know I CAN go alone, it's just that it's become another activity that it feels like I HAVE to do alone. And I don't like that feeling.

I stopped going to theaters many years ago. I couldn't handle the torture of going alone. I would end up crying before the movie even started.

blackdot said:
I stopped going to theaters many years ago. I couldn't handle the torture of going alone. I would end up crying before the movie even started.

I'm a bit different to you. I enjoy going by myself !

duff said:
blackdot said:

I'm a bit different to you. I enjoy going by myself !

I can't handle seeing couples. They start to come in the theater and I start to break down.
To make things worse, i can't fast forward or mute the movie if the movie has something with relationships. Even if it's a cartoon, if the characters kiss, I nearly vomit.

As a general rule, if I don't go to the movie alone I have to wait until it comes on PPV.

I had a couple sitting next to me during the Iron man showing. They seemed all cozy and comfortable together but I didn't pay them any mind. The way I see it is, If im paying 10 bucks to see a movie, I'm going to pay attention to the movie; not worry about the other people in the audience.

Two male friends can't go to a movie unless they want to be mistaken for gay. Not a problem for females.

Latest posts

Back