Living In Bed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

drr26

I stay in bed all day everyday, only go out if I have to. Is there anybody else like me or am I just totally lazy even for a ill person?

I don't enjoy Norwich or the people in it.

I can't afford to see family and there is Nobody else in my life other than dad, mum and my brothers and nanny & granded

drr26 said:
I stay in bed all day everyday, only go out if I have to. Is there anybody else like me or am I just totally lazy even for a ill person?

I don't enjoy Norwich or the people in it.

I can't afford to see family and there is Nobody else in my life other than dad, mum and my brothers and nanny & granded

I've done this in my deepest, darkest depression, with the blinds drawn. :(

But there also just somedays where I reallly, really need to stay in bed...

[video=youtube]

...cuz sometimes, you just wanna be a cinnamon bun.

When I get really depressed, I tend to do this. Like today, I went back to sleep for four hours.

I spent almost 2 years in bed, hiding from everything. I got my groceries delivered or got someone else to fetch them for me and only left the house if it was a relative's birthday or funeral. I was extremely depressed at the time and I couldn't face the way certain things in my life had turned out.

These days I try and go out every day, even if it's just for a walk. I have learned that staying in bed only ends up making everything worse. It gives you way to much time to concentrate on the things you're unhappy with, but robs you of the energy and motivation to fix them.

My life is still a mess, but at least I'm not hiding from it...

Yeah the cinnemon bun thing is great, I am always curled up like that.

I find it tough to go out anymore, I don't like the selfish attitudes of people in Norwich, most people would rather you walk in the road and get hit by a car instead of them moving when holding hands

Plus having nobody in my life socially means it's boring and lonely no matter where I am, I might as well just stay in my mini flat and be in comfert

I try to stay awake but lots of times I go back to sleep too. I get headaches alot coz I had to come off my old tablets recently. Waking up with a headache is horrible.

I was like that, when I was seriously depressed. :( I didn't want to see anyone or anybody, just be by myself and cry... I could sleep all day.

When I was first sick, I was bedridden due to intense muscle pain. Snce then, I just got in the habit of watching tv, using he computer, playing video games in bed. The problem being that bed is not a motivator, it is a soft wonderful trap.

Nw I have to force myself to get up, move, not call in sick no work. When I get depressed my bed is my refuge.

Part of the reason I am taking my trip is to do force myself to be up, doing, with no choice but to get'er done. Two months of service, up with sunrise and down with sunset should change my habits, eh?

Anyway, you aren't alone.

You definitely aren't alone drr26. I know how easy it is to think of ourselves as being lazy, and I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks defenestrate :)

Yeah, LonelyLola, it's getting out of the habit. I mean easier said then done but when things start moving on again I hope I can be more like you there :)

I think people who abuse the term "lazy" are lazy by themselves for not wanting to understand why a person does or does not do something.

Lazy is a symptom, not a reason. It NEVER tells the whole story.

Cant seem to stay in bed for long in the morning. Once I'm awake, I'm awake. I do tend to stay in the apartment though. Use the computer or stare at four walls. I'd go for a walk but I keep asking myself where will I go, then draw a blank. So I stay indoors and be bored.

Buy a cheap, second hand camera off ebay and go take some photos. Don't need friends or aquiantances to do that, it gets you out the house, engages your mind, gives you a goal, may even give you something to be proud of. It's saved me a few times when I've looked around at all the dirty food plates and pizza boxes building up on my bed, surrounding me.

Just take a walk. Look at all the beauty there is in nature. Breathe the air of life. It helps.

painter said:
Buy a cheap, second hand camera off ebay and go take some photos. Don't need friends or aquiantances to do that, it gets you out the house, engages your mind, gives you a goal, may even give you something to be proud of. It's saved me a few times when I've looked around at all the dirty food plates and pizza boxes building up on my bed, surrounding me.

Good idea and I already have a camera. The bad news, where I live is not photo worthy. Trust me on that. There are also too many people in the way.

I'll be going to a museam with my Dad on Monday though so will charge my camera for that:p

Legato said:
I wouldn't live in bed if i was on my own. However company could change that
Same here, my life would dramatically improve with a partner.

ladyforsaken said:
Just take a walk. Look at all the beauty there is in nature. Breathe the air of life. It helps.

I'd have to go 5 miles away at least, because city life stinks. buses everywhere and people in the way :p

Poguesy said:
I would like to add my part and call you a lazy ******* ;)

nothing wrong with that. would much rather be lazy than treated like a %&#@! by people, seems to be what happens when I go out

Hey, I hope you have fun with some new hobbies. Sometimes being bummed out takes away the joy from life. Are there any hobbies which you used to enjoy, or always wanted to begin? I think painter's radio has an excellent idea. Don't let other people discourage you, anything can be photo worthy. Try looking at the works of Robert Frank, and Henri Cartier Bresson for inspiration. It can be amazing what artwork people create from the gritty urban life. You can photograph any scrap which resembles lettering to frame messages of positive affirmation. This is easily the most popular Valentine's Day gift in various novelty shops in my area.

There also certain people who have difficulties being around anyone, no matter how they're treated by others. You've said you can't afford to see anyone in your life? Maybe there are local support groups you can visit? It shouldn't drain you financially.

Latest posts

Back