People interested in serial killers?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebolt

So yeah, any serial killers on the site? Please note age, location, kill count, number of times in prison etc. etc.

Seriously though, does anyone share my interest in serial killers here? It's a rare thing, and pretty much impossible to talk about mostly.

Yes!

I have a keen interest and used to be a member of serial killer central.

I have a particular interest in Donald Neilson (the black panther) not a serial killer as such but still very interesting. I had to cut back at one point 'cause it was getting to the point of obsession but still have the films/books on him.

Also, I once got a letter from Michael Sam's (British killer).

I have morbid interests and I'd be interested in serial killers. I enjoy reading horror novels...and books about _____....I'd read up on forensic psychology so much if I could.

I used to have an interest in them, but the more I realised all the evil in the world, the less I felt like venturing out into it. I don't bother with it anymore, but I can still understand why others have a fascination with them.

I'm sure people have heard of the snuff video 3 guys 1 hammer? I was fascinated with the story of the people behind that, the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs.

for some reason during insomniac navigations I often end up reading about serial killers, the fascination of evil etc, and I was always interested in how the mind can just detach from any human connection, but yeah, I try not to spend much time thinking about it, and I don't talk much about it either. After a lifetime reading horror stories, I felt they were catching up with me, so I quit.

Skid Row 89 said:
I'm sure people have heard of the snuff video 3 guys 1 hammer? I was fascinated with the story of the people behind that, the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs.

Yeah i know of it. I've seen the entire video of them mutilating the old man, nasty stuff.

What i find interesting is their motive. They were simply wanting to conquer their fears. The third guy, that attaché, had a fear of heights, i think another one of them shared the fear, so they conquered that fear by going to really high buildings and such. They also had a fear of blood, so they conquered that fear in the way that most people know of.

All subjective morality aside, they were strong people, proponents of natural selection. I relate to them quite a bit, as i do with some others, however, i don't share their ideas of how to conquer fears, i prefer doing that on my own, without bothering people around me, let alone murdering them.

Idk the more i read about that stuff, i feel like i absorb it too much into myself.

If i read a lot about that I may end up absorbing some of it into my personality.

Or maybe I'm just afraid.

I think that for as long as you can see that the way they do things is wrong, you're fine.

I can relate to quite some serial killers and school shooters, but i do not agree with what they did to get their satisfactions.

It's a healthy fear though, i suppose.

I do actually. My mom and brother though, between the two of them, could tell you about any one in history. What they did. Who they were. Could tell you all about them. Me, not so much. I'm just interested in watching specials about them. My mom should have been a forensic scientist, really. She's fantastic when it comes to knowledge about serial killers.

I find it very interesting. Not the fact people die, but what goes through the killers minds etc.

I go through phases of looking into more and more. I always find it awkward talking about it though.

Became obsessed with the Crime Investigation channel when it came out

Serial killer dating.

I can see the headline on a dating site now.
"Serial killer in search of another one."

Poguesy said:
Also, I once got a letter from Michael Sam's (British killer).

Do you want to give any information on how that came about?

"The Last Victim: A True-Life Journey into the Mind of the Serial Killer" was written by a student who would correspond with serial killers.

Sometimes I wake feeling like I could just kill for a bowl of my favourite cereal, I sure do love my weeties in the morning & they are yyuummyy in the afternoon after a workout on those hot days too!

Poguesy said:
But have any of you actually wrote to one?

I wrote to one but didn't include my real name out of paranoia.

I didn't get anything back!

Yes!! I'm not the only one! lol

Its been a somewhat morbid interest (obsession at times) of mine since I was a young child. I even had a cat called Bundy (so called as he used to attack female cats on a regular basis, but was incredibly charming with me lol).

I don't think a day goes by when Crime and Investigation Network isn't watched at least once.

A nice show or book on Bundy, Gacy, Dahmer, Neilsen, "BTK", "Son Of Sam", Ridgeway, are all welcome.

However, I have reached that time now where I'm a bit sick of the "mainstream cliche" serial killer show. I think I have exhausted all known worldly knowledge of Fred West, Harold Shipman, Peter Sutcliffe, the Moors murderers and Jack the sodding ripper.. Sadly, these are the bulk of such tv shows.

Gimme a decent docu on some older cases like HH Holmes (PLEASE SOMEONE) or Mary Ann Cotton... Or if it must be 20thC+, Chikatilo, Lake and Ng, South Americans like "la bestia" (Garavito) and "The monster of the Andes" (Pedro Alonzo Lopez and his buddy), "The Chessboard killer" (Pichuskin)

If anyone wants to share any documentaries or book recommendations, please message me.

Currently I'm reading "Depraved: The definitive true story of H.H Holmes, whose grotesque crimes shattered turn-if-the-century Chicago" by Harold Schechter.

It's a really good book about my all-time favourite serial killer, H.H Holmes.

Lady X said:
Yes!! I'm not the only one! lol

That is exactly how i'm feeling, haha, with all these kind of responses.

Lady X said:

My favourite is Jeffrey Dahmer, he is quite a mainstream one, though. But i've read quite a bit about H.H Holmes as well. Pretty sure i saw a documentary on youtube about him once, i'll look it up for you if you're interested. Would be nice to share knowledge.

Rosebolt said:
Lady X said:

My favourite is Jeffrey Dahmer, he is quite a mainstream one, though. But i've read quite a bit about H.H Holmes as well. Pretty sure i saw a documentary on youtube about him once, i'll look it up for you if you're interested. Would be nice to share knowledge.

That would be awesome thanks :)

And Dahmer is one I've had a lot of interest in in the past, but especially the links and similarities between Dahmer and Nilsen, that's always interested me quite a bit. Indeed Dennis Nilsen was called "The British Jeffrey Dahmer"

Latest posts

Back