thought - Lonely people can be the strongest

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mirrors

Sometimes I think if you can get through the loneliness and end up doing one thing a day that helps you not think of how lonely you are, shows an inner strength and depth of character that I don't really see in the so called "ive got my life all together" crowd.

Only those that know what its like to be lonely can appreciate how much effort goes into taking yourself out of the lonely state, and that seems to draw on what bit of inner strength you have inside you.

At the moment, to get myself out, and say, go to the library, or anywhere where there is other people takes alot of self talk to actually get going, and when I get there I enjoy the books as much as watching others be in solitude in books and their own thoughts.

So I sometimes wonder, if I can do that for myself and get through this lonely time, what else could I actually do...? is anything possibly that I want...?

Perhaps its way we look at it, and not appreciate the small steps that we take along the way, like registering as a member on this forum.:)

Anyway, its late and I will start rambling if I continue.:)

mirrors said:
Sometimes I think if you can get through the loneliness and end up doing one thing a day that helps you not think of how lonely you are, shows an inner strength and  depth of character that I don't really see in the so called "ive got my life all together" crowd.

Only those that know what its like to be lonely can appreciate how much effort goes into taking yourself out of the lonely state, and that seems to draw on what bit of inner strength you have inside you.

At the moment, to get myself out, and say, go to the library, or anywhere where there is other people takes alot of self talk to actually get going, and when I get there I enjoy the books as much as watching others be in solitude in books and their own thoughts.  

So I sometimes wonder, if I can do that for myself and get through this lonely time, what else could I actually do...? is anything possibly that I want...?  

Perhaps its way we look at it, and not appreciate the small steps that we take along the way, like registering as a member on this forum.:)

Anyway, its late and I will start rambling if I continue.:)

It's nice to see someone else who feels positive they will pull through. You sound really deep. I like to go to the library as well when I feel up to getting off my computer and into a real book. I figure if I'm lacking social interaction then at least I can be learning something so that when I meet someone I can have something to contribute.
I do believe it is our weakest moments that define who we are and I also feel lonliness to be the most unavoidable weak emotion, if perservered then you can handle anything.
Also maybe someone else in the library feels the same way as you have you ever tried to meet someone in that environment?

Thanks guest,

I haven't ever tried to meet someone in the library except the staff. :) they only want to discuss overdue fees. :)

I spose Ive already survived and come through various things in my early 20's with depression being one of them, so my history tells me that i will come through what ever stage Im in, and that is a comfort for me to know.

Ive had a difficult patch just recently, and had suicidal thoughts, even how I would do it, you name it, I had every dark thought their was running like rats through my mind. The nights were the hardest. It frightened me to see myself heading down the slippery slope to depression again, so know that anything I do that changes those thoughts and any action I take, that takes my mind away onto something else is a really good thing to do for me and stops the depression curse taking hold.

I know that I am lonely at times, and that its horrible and I wish it wasn't like that and I wasn't like that, but the fact is I am at the moment, so its up to me what I do about it. I spose thats where I come to the point that lonely people can be strong, because if you managed to shift yourself out of that state even once you are doing incredibly well, and I just know how hard that can be to do sometimes.

Also, just being able to see the other posts on this site made me not feel so lonely.

Latest posts

Back