Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xninjaguyx

Reaction score
Where do you stand? Do you have a healthy balance of all three.
I believe living in the present is most important, but only if you dont neglect the other two.

I'm sorry you felt negatively, ninja. This forum can be a nice place to fall back on, I do agree.

Hope you'll feel better soon. *hugs*

ladyforsaken said:
I'm sorry you felt negatively, ninja. This forum can be a nice place to fall back on, I do agree.

Hope you'll feel better soon. *hugs*

I made a new topic •~•

But thank you sweet heart, I do

xninjaguyx said:
I believe living in the present is most important, but only if you dont neglect the other two.

Very good quote an this is the the basis of Buddhism. But it's not easy to stick with this. Most of the people are either in the future or in the past, and they do not realize that present is the only thing they have...

Good God. I've definitely learned from the past, but I learned by living it in my head over and over again. I lived in the past for so long that I had no present and no thoughts of a future. Now, I try and remember the past, live in the present and hopefully create a future along the way.

miskotras said:
xninjaguyx said:

Very good quote an this is the the basis of Buddhism. But it's not easy to stick with this. Most of the people are either in the future or in the past, and they do not realize that present is the only thing they have...

I didnt know Buddhism was based on that notion.
But I agree that too many people try to either move too fast or are stuck and not moving at all.

Naleena said:
I'm guilty of preparing for the future because I've been working my ass off for months now. It is a sacrifice to have my dream of backpacking across the UK.

Just out of curiosity: why the UK? I'm genuinely interested.

Technically the present doesn't exist, so I suppose all you could do is Learn from the past, and prepare for the future.

9006 said:
Technically the present doesn't exist, so I suppose all you could do is Learn from the past, and prepare for the future.
the only thing you have is the present. Past and future are only in you head like memories or predictions.

miskotras said:
the only thing you have is the present. Past and future are only in you head like memories or predictions.

Your brain takes time (However small) to process senses, therefore you're always living in the past... like I said, technically.

Latest posts

Back