How do you feel now compared to when you joined?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better! Many issues are resolved but i do feel helpless and frustrated at times.

Interesting question. I think I feel a little better. I can't remember exactly when I joined, but I think talking to people on here has been helpful. I've gained some interesting insights and it's a good place to vent, the people here are definitely understanding. I mean, I'm still a mess. I'm still posting on here at 4 AM cause I'm depressed and lonely, but I think I've improved some since like, a year and a half or two years ago since I joined. Like I said, venting is key...

jetsuo said:
How did you feel about your life when you joined the forum compared to how you feel now?
Has there been much change? and if so, whats changed for you and how long did it take? what helped you change?
or are you exactly the same as before?

Hasn't changed a bit! I'm in the same honeysuckle hole I was in when I first signed up!

Since I joined, things have got better. They were good anyway. But they continue to improve.

Some new people to talk to, which has been good. But aside from that, nothing really, I mean slightly. A guy from the chat room kept hailing me on social dynamics, long story short, his motivation made me feel inspired to go out and get a girls number. It never eventuated into anything, but at least I've done it once, makes it easier to do again.

I met some new people on here and I met some pretty interesting people. Believe I have set myself back from talking to some people due to rejection. Still depressed and I hate how I feel. I just want the motivation back. Sometimes I feel like I'm not wanted here but I always tend to feel like that. I do like it however and post as often as I can. Hopefully things will improve for me in the future.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
Sometimes I feel like I'm not wanted here but I always tend to feel like that.

Just for the record, I don't think that's true.

Edward W said:
WallflowerGirl83 said:

Thanks Edward, I'm glad to know that. Sometimes I think so negative sometimes about my own self that I can't think straight. I hate how I continue to beat myself up.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
Edward W said:
WallflowerGirl83 said:

Thanks Edward, I'm glad to know that. Sometimes I think so negative sometimes about my own self that I can't think straight. I hate how I continue to beat myself up.

I totally get how you feel. But like Edward said, it's not the case at all. There's zero logical reason why it would be. But then that's part of the problem when we start thinking in certain ways, the illogical becomes almost believable. Oh the things our own minds can do eh!!
Take care

WallflowerGirl83 said:
Sometimes I feel like I'm not wanted here

I think I can relate with how how you feel. Although I wouldn't say "wanted" but "cared for". But you can't expect too much from people you hardly know on the web.

By the way, I like reading your posts. And although I don't think we've directly communicated, I think you're sweet.

I feel better than I did when I joined, but then I joined right after I got served divorce papers. At least now I feel like I am putting in effort and trying to fix all the problems in my life, rather than hiding away from them.

I haven't really interacted much here. I don't use the chat room. I rarely communicate via PM. I just answer the odd message and play the games, but seeing others that suffer with similar problems helps me to motivate myself.

xninjaguyx said:
WallflowerGirl83 said:
Sometimes I feel like I'm not wanted here

I think I can relate with how how you feel. Although I wouldn't say "wanted" but "cared for". But you can't expect too much from people you hardly know on the web.

By the way, I like reading your posts. And although I don't think we've directly communicated, I think you're sweet.

Yeah I know, I think I get so lonely and overwhelmed by my own depression. I turn to the web to finally try to cope and find someone to talk too. It's a bad trait I do cause I have low self esteem. But that's something hopefully I'll overcome in time. Thank you. :)

jetsuo said:
How did you feel about your life when you joined the forum compared to how you feel now?
Has there been much change? and if so, whats changed for you and how long did it take? what helped you change?
or are you exactly the same as before?

The same... I joined like two hours ago:p

I feel this forum is full of some helpful people, and some people who think they are helpful but give terrible advice.

I still feel pretty much the same: Self-hating, tired and alone in the world. But now I'm more determined to change some of that. Posting here for the past few days has helped me.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I feel this forum is full of some helpful people, and some people who think they are helpful but give terrible advice.

Sounds like me.

Rosebolt said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Sounds like me.

No, I'm not talking about you. The two leading ones I am talking about are female.

Rosebolt said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Sounds like me.

I'd say definitely not you, Rosey.

Okay, dude, you need the trio therapy. Soon.

I think half of the people here thought "sounds like me", including myself, lol, such great collection of strong self esteems :)

personally, except for my music skills that have improved, I feel the same

Latest posts

Back