Piss Off Regular Cigarettes!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hey.:)

I was a pack a day smoker up until 7 months ago. I was turned onto "E-Cigarettes" by my mother. I was instantly amazed at just how similar they were to regular smokes. Since I have been using them, my sense of taste and smell have come back greatly.

My stamina has improved much also. The amount of money I have saved has allowed me to use it for things that I wanted but couldn't afford due to smoking regular ones.

If I were any of you who are smokers, I would give some serious consideration to trying e-cigarettes. You won't be disappointed.

Godspeed.
LK

My uncle started on "E-Cigarettes" a couple of weeks ago, but he says it makes him feel sick, so he's just gone onto those pills.

Not to mention the health benefits of quitting. Just ask an Aunt of mine...oh wait you can't she passed away several years ago from cancer caused by cigaret smoking...okay as my boss who's going through chemotherapy right now. I know, non smoker - piss off.

9006 said:
My uncle started on "E-Cigarettes" a couple of weeks ago, but he says it makes him feel sick, so he's just gone onto those pills.
He may have had too strong a dose. The nicotine liquid comes in various strengths. My mother was on 18mg, and it made her feel sick as well. She dropped down to 6mg and is doing much better.

I smoked between 20 and 60 a day for years, then I just got up one morning and decided to stop. I didn't use any sort of pills, patches or anything, but I understand they can be a massive help when you're attempting to quit.

Anyone that's trying to kick the habit should be congratulated for their efforts. E-Cigs are certainly much better than smoking regular tobacco cigarettes with all the junk they contain.

My Grandma used E-Cigs and she said she couldn't feel anything at all. I'm guessing her dosage was too small when she's been smoking like a chimney for 60+ years. I'll have to see if I can get her back on them with a higher dosage since she's just recovering from throat cancer and shouldn't be smoking at all. Sigh.

Cavey said:
I smoked between 20 and 60 a day for years, then I just got up one morning and decided to stop. I didn't use any sort of pills, patches or anything, but I understand they can be a massive help when you're attempting to quit.

Anyone that's trying to kick the habit should be congratulated for their efforts. E-Cigs are certainly much better than smoking regular tobacco cigarettes with all the junk they contain.

My Grandma used E-Cigs and she said she couldn't feel anything at all. I'm guessing her dosage was too small when she's been smoking like a chimney for 60+ years. I'll have to see if I can get her back on them with a higher dosage since she's just recovering from throat cancer and shouldn't be smoking at all. Sigh.
Isn't it insane just how powerful an addiction can be? I'm truly glad to hear that she is recovering Cavey. I pray that you can intervene with success.

LoneKiller said:
9006 said:
He may have had too strong a dose. The nicotine liquid comes in various strengths. My mother was on 18mg, and it made her feel sick as well. She dropped down to 6mg and is doing much better.

Yeah, I think he's on 11mg or something, but then judge it by how many you smoke per day, I wouldn't think he'd lie about something like that, so I don't know.

9006 said:
LoneKiller said:
9006 said:

Yeah, I think he's on 11mg or something, but then judge it by how many you smoke per day, I wouldn't think he'd lie about something like that, so I don't know.
Hi 9006.

My mother started on 18mg as did I. She had to lower the strength of her's because it would make her feel sick as well. She smoked a brand of normal cigarettes called Matinee Extra Mild for over 20 years. They are an extremely mild smoke. That would explain her feeling sick starting on 18mg I guess. Now that she is down to 6mg, she's much better.

This thread depresses me.
If I smoke a pack of cigarettes every day, what's my chance to die of lung cancer? And my life expectancy?

perfanoff said:
If I smoke a pack of cigarettes every day, what's my chance to die of lung cancer? And my life expectancy?
Don't let it depress you perfanoff. Let it inspire you to kick.

perfanoff said:

I thought math was your first language, It's something you'd be able to work out from averages, not that I could or be bothered to do, but I did find something that apparently calculates the days lost: http://www.medindia.net/patients/calculators/ciger_smoke.asp

9006 said:
perfanoff said:

I thought math was your first language, It's something you'd be able to work out from averages, not that I could or be bothered to do, but I did find something that apparently calculates the days lost: http://www.medindia.net/patients/calculators/ciger_smoke.asp

It estimates that smoking cost me 338 days of my life. I'm not buying it though...

Cavey said:
It estimates that smoking cost me 338 days of my life. I'm not buying it though...

Yeah, it's never gonna be completely accurate, probably loosely based on averages, or what they think are the values.

Or someone could have forgot to carry the decimal, like that guy out of Office Space.

Just 549 days lost without taking into account some periods I didn't smoke before.

No biggie.

9006 said:
Cavey said:

Yeah, it's never gonna be completely accurate, probably loosely based on averages, or what they think are the values.

Or someone could have forgot to carry the decimal, like that guy out of Office Space.
Love that movie! Lumburgh rules!!!!!!

[youtube]Fy3rjQGc6lA[/youtube]

LoneKiller said:
I was a pack a day smoker up until 7 months ago.

Congrats on your quit, Jason. Very proud of you! I also recently put them down, a little over 7 weeks for me and never looked back. :)

Hey at what age did you guys started smoking? How many years has it been since then? I'm just worried since I think I've smoked way above the average for my age. I started 15, now 23, a pack a day on the average.

RonYells said:
Hey at what age did you guys started smoking? How many years has it been since then? I'm just worried since I think I've smoked way above the average for my age. I started 15, now 23, a pack a day on the average.
Hi RonYells. Nice to meet you.:)

I started smoking around 18. I'm 38 now. I quit around 7 months or so ago. The improvement is amazing.

LoneKiller said:
RonYells said:
Hi RonYells. Nice to meet you.:)

I started smoking around 18. I'm 38 now. I quit around 7 months or so ago. The improvement is amazing.

20 years?! man, that is inspirational :)
Congratulations, and I hope you'll be able to fight off the regression well and positively :)
I guess all I can do now is farm up my Will Power points until I'm confident I can quit for real

Latest posts

Back