Friendzone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I understand it:

Friend Zone - You like/fancy a boy/girl, but they just see you as a friend. Nothing more, ever.

Nice guy - Not a ******, kind and considerate, but the perception is that girls seem attracted to the jerks instead (Note perception, I am not saying this is a fact!)

Friend zone is when a woman doesn't want something sexual to do with a guy but is interested in talking to him anyhow
"We're going to a movie but I know nothing will happen because she friend zoned me"

Nice guy is harder for me. Maybe a guy who fails to make sexual tension or act on it.
"He hangs out with women all the time but he never gets anything going. He's a nice guy".

Recently, I've heard "nice guy" described as a guy who just acts nice, or something like that

ghbarnaby2 said:
So you can actively "friend zone" a person?

I dont know about "actively friend-zoning" a person, but you can like someone, and feel nothing for them other than friendship.

Well there's the implication, I think, that the act of using/manipulating someone is described as "friendzoning" rather than just neglecting to have/return romantic feelings.

murmi97 said:
Well there's the implication, I think, that the act of using/manipulating someone is described as "friendzoning".

Really? hmmm....I've never read that. Maybe my definition of friend-zoning is different.

EveWasFramed said:
murmi97 said:
Well there's the implication, I think, that the act of using/manipulating someone is described as "friendzoning".

Really? hmmm....I've never read that. Maybe my definition of friend-zoning is different.
Yeah, maybe it's just people who expect something in return for favors, but don't say so beforehand.

ghbarnaby2 said:
So you can actively "friend zone" a person?

Yes it's definitely used as a verb basically friend zoning someone is when their try to do/say something intimate bounces back into the friends boundary

A lot of "nice guys" can feel used when they have romantic aspirations for someone, and they treat her like they would treat her girlfriend (well or at least better than other women). So when they don't "get it" they think they've been scammed out of something they "deserve".

murmi97 said:
EveWasFramed said:
murmi97 said:

Yeah, maybe it's just people who expect something in return for favors, but don't say so beforehand.

Just to make it clear, I'll be nice to you for sexual favors. You first.

ghbarnaby2 said:
So this is a passive social phenomena?

What do you mean by that?

Just understand the huge difference between a true "nice guy" and a self proclaimed "nice guy."

One way in which you enter the friend zone is where you like someone as more than friends, they like you back in that way but you fail to act upon it before the other side loses that interest. Friend zone entered. Gate locked.

EveWasFramed said:
ghbarnaby2 said:
So this is a passive social phenomena?

(smirk) You FACE is a passive social phenomena! :cool:

no ur face :club: lol

Passive social phenomena to me means an event that occurs between people without active power being used by one, the other, or both on the relationship.

perfanoff said:
ghbarnaby2 said:
But doesn't the other person notice this person's advances?

Is the other person a saint or just another selfish human being?

What do you mean by this question? Are you referring to a question or situation?

kail91 said:
I hate friendzone so much, it's the worst relationship

It is? Why? How? I am not sure I understand.

Rosebolt said:
Just understand the huge difference between a true "nice guy" and a self proclaimed "nice guy."

Explain this difference to me. I am not sure I understand.

Latest posts

Back