Hey alot of celebrities lost their V-cards after their 20s!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Celebrities or not... People don't have to have sex before they're 15. This isn't the old times where the life span expectancy is 30. It's called having respect for yourself, and if you do happen to lose your virginity earlier, I would surely hope it's something you decided to do.

I'm not sure how it's suppose to be particularly inspiring. Celebrities are just people, like us. I'm sure many people have lost their V-card in their 20s.

It's not sad at any age. People can make that decision. If I had wanted to stay one until I was 75, I could do that.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I don't want to be a virgin, that's the thing. And I feel like a ******* freak for being one.
Sorry you feel that way. If you don't want to be a virgin, do something to change that.

Moe said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I don't want to be a virgin, that's the thing. And I feel like a ******* freak for being one.
Sorry you feel that way. If you don't want to be a virgin, do something to change that.

Easier said than done, to be honest.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Moe said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Well, you could go out and find someone... Trust me, someone would. There are too many people walking down too many different paths of life for you to be turned down 100%

Instead, you're not doing that. And that's your choice. I think it's rather honorable that you haven't gone out and knocked boots with any MaryJoe, JaneDoe, or SuzyBoozy... Whether you want to realize it or not, that self-restraint, I consider to be respectful.

VanillaCreme said:
Well, you could go out and find someone... Trust me, someone would. There are too many people walking down too many different paths of life for you to be turned down 100%

Oh, you'd be surprised.

VanillaCreme said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Moe said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Instead, you're not doing that. And that's your choice. I think it's rather honorable that you haven't gone out and knocked boots with any MaryJoe, JaneDoe, or SuzyBoozy... Whether you want to realize it or not, that self-restraint, I consider to be respectful.

Don't forget the White Fairy

VanillaCreme said:
Celebrities or not... People don't have to have sex before they're 15. This isn't the old times where the life span expectancy is 30. It's called having respect for yourself, and if you do happen to lose your virginity earlier, I would surely hope it's something you decided to do.

Wow That's pretty judgmental. I was 14. I did it, it was done, I was happy about it and moved on with my life. I respect myself immensely for taking the plunge. I don't regret it. I see a lot of people setting themselves up for a fall waiting this all life-changing 1st time. It's only sex. Saying I love you for the 1st time.... that is much more real, much more intimate and much more rewarding when it's reciprocated.

What's the significance of celebrities, and what they do, exactly?
If it's someone you look up to it might be a reassuring fact I suppose, but celebrities in general don't really interest me.

The problem people have is..

Whilst some choose to keep their virginity until they're a certain age, others don't have a choice as no one likes them. This changes the value of virginity. If people want to have sex with you, you can value your virginity highly, thus making it worthwhile to wait. But if no one likes you, it's natural to want to just get out there and do it.

Evil_Genius said:
VanillaCreme said:

Wow That's pretty judgmental. I was 14. I did it, it was done, I was happy about it and moved on with my life. I respect myself immensely for taking the plunge. I don't regret it. I see a lot of people setting themselves up for a fall waiting this all life-changing 1st time. It's only sex. Saying I love you for the 1st time.... that is much more real, much more intimate and much more rewarding when it's reciprocated.

How is that judgmental? There's no judging in that whatsoever.

What to talk about judging, and saying things without even knowing about it... It's not "only sex" for a lot of people. I said nothing about love either. I also commented that if you did happen to do it at an earlier time, that I hope it was something you wanted to do. As in I hope it wasn't forced or something you would regret. I didn't say if you do sexual things early, you'll regret it.

You either read into what I say way too much or misinterpreted it.

VanillaCreme said:
How is that judgmental? There's no judging in that whatsoever.

What to talk about judging, and saying things without even knowing about it... It's not "only sex" for a lot of people. I said nothing about love either. I also commented that if you did happen to do it at an earlier time, that I hope it was something you wanted to do. As in I hope it wasn't forced or something you would regret. I didn't say if you do sexual things early, you'll regret it.

You either read into what I say way too much or misinterpreted it.
He probably just wanted to gloat about the fact that he had his first lay at 14.

I wouldn't gloat about that. But I could see where one would think that my comment about self-respect can be taken as judgmental. Though he did read way too much into what I was saying, I don't think it's disrespectful to have sex at a younger age, and more so to the point I was originally trying to make, I don't think it's disrespectful to be at an older age and still be a virgin. Too many people think they have to have sex before a certain age, and they don't even realize that it's not a competition. You don't win anything. There's no trophy to collect.

And the respect thing, I just wanted to make the point in saying that it's not bad if you're at an older age and still a virgin. At any age, one should have respect in their own decision. And like I said before, if you make that decision - at any age - I would certainly hope it's something you truly decided to do.

Whilst you may not have meant it, there was certainly the implication that I (as a member of the target group) don't have any self respect because I was 14 when I lost my V plates and whilst i know you qualified it with your "I hope it was something you wanted to do" line, this still felt like an implication that it's unlikely it was.

And I still stand by my "only sex" line because a relationship built on sex alone is going to collapse. The more stock you put in sex being some holy central core of your being, the more you're going to be bitterly disappointed.

Latest posts

Back