What Breaks Your Heart? (Seriously)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi All.:)

This is one of my more serious threads. Are there things in life that when you see them, you feel so bad for the poor soul you see. I don't know much about what it's called, but I once saw a woman uptown at the park pushing a stroller with what I thought was a baby in it of course.

It was a baby alright, but not a real one. It was a doll. This poor lady was talking and tickling the doll as if it were real. I've heard of women that actually do this before. My only guess as to why this might happen is maybe she is unable to have children, or perhaps had one and it died.

I'm not a woman, but I think that when a woman cannot have a child, it takes away the very thing that makes them a woman. Call me mushy if you want, but it does break my heart to see such things.

What breaks your heart?

Godspeed.
LK

Kids being indoctrinated to hate, for example the kids of the Westboro Baptist Church members or the kids of a Nazi family.

War, injustice, people destroying the planet and the ecosystems all over the world... that kind of stuff.

Felix said:
Kids being indoctrinated to hate, for example the kids of the Westboro Baptist Church members or the kids of a Nazi family.

War, injustice, people destroying the planet and the ecosystems all over the world... that kind of stuff.
Man Hitler was a ******. Hell of an orator though. I'll give him that.

LoneKiller said:
Felix said:

Yeah, but the worst part is he wasn't alone, and his influence continues in some -fortunately small- circles.

Felix said:
LoneKiller said:
Felix said:

Yeah, but the worst part is he wasn't alone, and his influence continues in some -fortunately small- circles.
Very true.

Someone taking a sledgehammer and hitting a person in the thoracic cavity as hard as they could?
noidea.gif

What Breaks Your Heart? (Seriously)

animals and children being hurt, they are innocent, hurt to them is universal

People left out in the cold. I make a point of talking to them over others when I see them, even online.

ladyforsaken said:
I won't even begin to say..

Okay I'll say now since I feel a little better.

What breaks my heart is when I hurt others without knowing it and when I feel helpless towards those who are in need around me. Also when an animal is hurt.

Naleena said:
I have a lot of empathy, so that answer is anything that breaks the heart of someone else. Also cruelty to animals or people.

Yeah, same!

I have no heart.

but yeah, sometimes seeing street orphans playing with makeshift toys and imagination makes me pause and just look at them. It's pretty common here.

ladyforsaken said:
...when I feel helpless towards those who are in need around me.

This, which also relates to quite a few posts I see on here and can't think of anything I can do.

Latest posts

Back