Look what they did to our Google home page!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bluey

I prefer the older look but if its for a good course I can live with that.

google.jpg

Google users in the United Kingdom will notice today that we "turned the lights out" on the Google.co.uk homepage as a gesture to raise awareness of a worldwide energy conservation effort called Earth Hour. As to why we don't do this permanently - it saves no energy; modern displays use the same amount of power regardless of what they display. However, you can do something to reduce the energy consumption of your home PC by joining the Climate Savers Computing Initiative.

On Saturday, March 29, 2008, Earth Hour invites people around the world to turn off their lights for one hour – from 8:00pm to 9:00pm in their local time zone. On this day, cities around the world, including Copenhagen, Chicago, Melbourne, Dubai, and Tel Aviv, will hold events to acknowledge their commitment to energy conservation.

Given our company's commitment to environmental awareness and energy efficiency, we strongly support the Earth Hour campaign, and have darkened our homepage today to help spread awareness of what we hope will be a highly successful global event.

How green can you be? The UK's carbon footprint is over 500 million tonnes of CO2 per year. Individuals account for 45% of this. Calculate your carbon footprint and find out how you can reduce it by turning off unused lights and other carbon-reducing actions.

Why did Google choose this specific organization?
We believe in doing our part to help combat climate change, and found the Earth Hour initiative to be a timely, important event. Further, we think the "lights out" idea's individual-centered nature is something that millions of people worldwide can participate in. In short, we really like it. So we did something about it.

How can I get Google to do something similar for my organization or project?
We welcome your ideas on how we can become more socially and environmentally responsible. Although we can't guarantee either a placement on the Google homepage or even a response to every query, we do read every email we receive and welcome your ideas of organizations that you believe we should feature. If you'd like to submit a proposal, please send it to us at [email protected].

Yeah I think it looks neat. Really gets your attention.

oh, What I did not reallies and I should of cos it dose tell ye is that its only for the one day.

But ye I love Google to :) And it always understands my spelling even when others do not lol

I would marry Google if I could LOL J/K

ya google's great if it wasn't for google search the internert would be a lot less convient, i love how sometimes i use it to find answers for my homework

XP

Honestly, if I go back to school. I will outright use google to my every advantage... so don't feel bad.

evanescencefan91 said:
ya google's great if it wasn't for google search the internert would be a lot less convient, i love how sometimes i use it to find answers for my homework

XP

That has been on the news over here. where teachers don't like how students can just look stuff up using Google. It makes it so they can just learn the facts and not how something works are something like that. Its how Google works are something lol

and sorry about the image that was up there guys. I cleaned my photo bucket out and the image up there was one of them I deleted. Didn't think, Doooo!!!

Latest posts

Back