Does a person's sexual past matter to you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting question....

Not really, unless their "past" gave them something unpleasant for "future" relationships, if you know what I mean.

EveWasFramed said:
Not really, unless their "past" gave them something unpleasant for "future" relationships, if you know what I mean.

STDs! STDs! The wonderful fruit! The more you have the more you...

Aside from the aforementioned and having children (I am not yet ready to be a father, much less to someone else's kids), I don't really care.

Nope. As long as they're not contagious. Or uptight, can't really handle that.

It does yes.

I would not want to be intimate with someone whose been a total whore. Not only does it show their values towards sex and relationships as casual and cheap, but it leaves the door open to lots of diseases - some of which only show themselves years later, if at all.

I would also never have dated any man who already had children. But that's a personal thing an largely due to my age. I was 24 when I met my husband. I wouldn't want to be a step-parent at that age, and to be honest I would not have been able to marry someone with children already as it would just have made me feel pretty bad to be having my first experience of parenthood and taking that new journey with someone for whom its not new and not the first time. My family has half siblings and step siblings at various levels along the way, and its just messy. I don't want that for my children.

Yes it does matter. For instance, does she have a history of allowing anal? Such a history bodes well for a relationship.

Limlim said:
Yes it does matter. For instance, does she have a history of allowing anal? Such a history bodes well for a relationship.

In my experience it doesn't matter, it's all down to persuasion, haha.

EveWasFramed said:
Interesting question....

I would say this. Other than that, no, it wouldn't bother me. I'd be curious though.

What if the person used to be a sex slave and escaped from it?

What if they were raped?

Molested?

Would you want to know that?

SophiaGrace said:
What if the person used to be a sex slave and escaped from it?

What if they were raped?

Molested?

Would you want to know that?

Good questions. Is it the sex itself that's an issue or the perceived accountability of a willful action? Personally I see the value of virginity in a perfect world, but in my world, it's to my advantage that my current partner is experienced because he doesn't feel like he's missing something and has to try it. My ex on the other hand had limited experience and lusted after everything. In the end he just had to find out what he was missing (all the while guilting me for being more experienced than him). STD's aside, I think needing to feel like your the first is pure ego.

I'd love to say it doesn't, but it does, to a certain extent. If I found out my girlfriend had an extremely extensive sexual history spanning over a decade and dozens of men, I'd probably lose interest in her because of how vastly different it is from my own experience (1.5 girls, basically, and less than 50 days together total between them, since they were long distance).

Not that I care if any particular person has a sexual history like that, just that it would definitely impact how interested I would be in a sexual relationship with them.

No it doesn't.

If I don't want her to judge me on mine, why would I judge hers? That makes no sense to me.

Once upon a time I'd have said "Yes", but these days all that matters to me is that they've chosen me out of everyone. What does it really matter as long as they are faithful? I'd rather not know any details about their previous encounters, but I certainly wouldn't judge them on it - I'd rather take them as I find them.

Latest posts

Back