Is depression a bit like addiction?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice But Dim Jim

Reaction score
I have had 2/3 great days were I have felt ontop of everything and starting to enjoy life once again. Unfortunately something happened today that knocked me back and now as I sit in the house I can feel depressions cold hand start to grip my shoulder and I feel absolutely powerless against it. It genuinely feels scary as I know the depths depression has brought me down to lately and I don't want to go back there.

I wish I knew what to do to mend my mentalness.

That's what depression is like. I have days where I feel that I can take on the world, but then I'll wake up one morning and just wish the world would end. I'll pull the covers up to my chin and hide. I'll feel unable to move, unable to do anything for myself; trapped.

Over the years, I've managed to control it better and these days I refuse to let it trap me inside. I often find that if I jump straight out of bed and have a shower, then get myself out of the house, I can fend it off.

Latest posts

Back