Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you smile while your heart don't?
i can i can even act like feeling happy, makeing jokes and stuff, but nobody knows how i feel from the inside, thats probly the start off my loneliness too
It is really sad when we become so skilled at perfecting a false persona of happiness. Then again, there are those around whom I wear my true feelings on my sleeves... just a couple. I don't trust that many people after being jaded one too many times.
I can relate to this so much. I've also mastered this art, if it can be called so. People say I'm always smiling, and it's gone so far that many times I don't even realize I am smiling, when actually feeling like garbage.
Gerardo Wrote:I can relate to this so much. I've also mastered this art, if it can be called so. People say I'm always smiling, and it's gone so far that many times I don't even realize I am smiling, when actually feeling like garbage.

I would like that skill. Would come in handy quite often.
well it's not so much a smilie so much as a smirk
I'm an expert at that. I could smile my way through a heart attack, no one would know until I drop dead.
Blessing as much as a curse, I reckon. Makes people read you wrong.
I kind of do this at work. Sometimes out in public. But mostly at a cute girl or something. : )
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5280231]
(02-03-2007, 06:58 AM)Morrissey fan Wrote: Its funny how any guy would be elated if a nice looking girl came up to him and started to chat, at least I am, but for some reason girls like to stonewall people who do this either because they are cold and distant or are convinced that just because they are beautiful, someone has an ulterior motive for approaching them. And they would be right about the last part, but this is what makes reproduction possible and girls dont seem to understand that. Oh and if youre a belly dancer this makes you in all likelihood one of the beautiful girls i was talking about. If you see a guy you like just smile at him, the chances are he wont because most men dont expect to illicit responses from girls by doing the same. Good luck

I disagree with ya. Often beautiful women are the loneliest. I thought it was crazy when I heard this too. Often guys are intimidated by a beautiful women and think to themselves that "She would never date me." I was one of those guys and found out that some of the women I liked secretly wanted to know me better. I'm certainly no stud. I'm married now so I'm no longer looking but have now found my confidence to talk to anyone. Funny how that works.
(06-21-2019, 06:43 AM)The lonely Iowan Wrote:
(02-03-2007, 06:58 AM)Morrissey fan Wrote: Its funny how any guy would be elated if a nice looking girl came up to him and started to chat, at least I am, but for some reason girls like to stonewall people who do this either because they are cold and distant or are convinced that just because they are beautiful, someone has an ulterior motive for approaching them. And they would be right about the last part, but this is what makes reproduction possible and girls dont seem to understand that. Oh and if youre a belly dancer this makes you in all likelihood one of the beautiful girls i was talking about. If you see a guy you like just smile at him, the chances are he wont because most men dont expect to illicit responses from girls by doing the same. Good luck

I disagree with ya. Often beautiful women are the loneliest. I thought it was crazy when I heard this too. Often guys are intimidated by a beautiful women and think to themselves that "She would never date me." I was one of those guys and found out that some of the women I liked secretly wanted to know me better. I'm certainly no stud. I'm married now so I'm no longer looking but have now found my confidence to talk to anyone. Funny how that works.

I've heard this said by many people.  I feel like it's easier said than done.  Especially if you know yourself well enough in terms of how people socialize.  Talking about interests and experiences.  So if one doesn't have as much it's difficult to get the conversation going well.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5280231]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  still in love, heart broken to see them move on.. opex100 28 2,348 01-11-2019, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Hazed
  I broke someone's heart. What do I do? Mr Seal The Albatros 7 2,436 09-16-2015, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Veruca
  Sleeves heart Drew88 6 1,549 04-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jetsuo
  Why does the heart create such a delirious illusion? Blue_Eyed_Symphony 4 1,906 07-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Last Post: ahaikulife
  I need to break someone's heart. Plectrum 11 7,839 03-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Okiedokes
  She Broke My Heart :( alexjames2320 11 4,833 01-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Last Post: alexjames2320
  Heart broken Guyonthelake 10 3,089 09-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Guyonthelake
  Pulling my heart strings Lonely Ghost 4 2,213 05-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Lonely Ghost
  Heart over head LucieMay 2 1,622 05-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Last Post: I'm Fine
  do u ever get over a broken heart? jlozdude 12 6,117 01-15-2011, 09:03 AM