Does it devalue a woman in a mans eye...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edward W said:
Edward, what about the men are hunters theory? Do you think most men will let a woman know if they are interested? You don't think a woman to look desperate for letting him know in obvious language?

**** it, I asked a closed ended question. Never ask a yes or no question on this board if you want to get to the meat of things...lol

Nope. I'd be impressed that she took the initiative. I'd also respect her candour.

No. A thousand times no. It means you don't subscribe to this BS notion that was inflicted on the majority of men by a small minority that thinks it should be harder to attain a relationship.

I think its a bit of a personal opinion really.
most guys?
no. I tend to think that most guys would take it as a compliment and maybe even make the take a 2nd look at a girl that expressed interest in them.
I think some guys may be attracted to the "hard to get" type.. but honestly.. I think that's more of a female issue lol.
I've met lots of girls that wouldn't consider a guy that tries too hard or too upfront..

:D

Well I think traditional roles still exist, but it's far more acceptable for a woman to approach a man nowadays. I'm sure there may be some men who might find it threatening, and reject the advances? Real macho guys, 'Uggg - me man!'

But otherwise speaking for myself I can't say it would 'devalue' someone in my eyes, at least one of my previous relationships was initiated by the woman. We/I don't get hints. Obvious is good for men.

You just need us to let us be the big strong hero from time to time, 'Oh my, this big heavy door, how will I ever get through it?'

Watch us puff up our chests as we open that big door for you, our manliness is appeased and we can now endure another hour of shoe shopping :)

Just to be clear, I am joking! But you get my point, generally men are problem solvers, hunters, so yes we feel happy when we can do that for you.

I've either answered the question or dug my own grave. We shall see...

It does not devalue her in any way but mainly because a woman isn't a commodity with a value that fluctuates based on whatever criteria - which I know isn't at all what you were implying.
Me, I'd be immensely flattered regardless of who the woman was but I do enjoy the uncertainty of 'does she like me, doesn't she like me' even if it turns out to be that she doesn't. I find it exciting. Sure, the end result, if it tuns out she doesn't, might not be the greatest feeling. But before then I've enjoyed little moments while trying to find out in my own, possibly screwed up, way.

Edward W said:
:D
Well I think traditional roles still exist, but it's far more acceptable for a woman to approach a man nowadays. I'm sure there may be some men who might find it threatening, and reject the advances? Real macho guys, 'Uggg - me man!'
But otherwise speaking for myself I can't say it would 'devalue' someone in my eyes, at least one of my previous relationships was initiated by the woman. We/I don't get hints. Obvious is good for men.
You just need us to let us be the big strong hero from time to time, 'Oh my, this big heavy door, how will I ever get through it?'
Watch us puff up our chests as we open that big door for you, our manliness is appeased and we can now endure another hour of shoe shopping :)
Just to be clear, I am joking! But you get my point, generally men are problem solvers, hunters, so yes we feel happy when we can do that for you.
I've either answered the question or dug my own grave. We shall see...

I have no objections to men being gentlemen. Infact, that means a lot to me. I think overall men need to be appreciated for the little things they do as well as the big ones. It feels good to be cared for :) Thank you for offering your opinion.

Personally I can't stand the uncertainty. I work a full-time job and am planning on picking up a part-time job, and I'm still wrapping up college this year. I don't have the time nor the patience for head games, and neither do a lot of people who have as busy a life as I do.

Naleena said:
I think overall men need to be appreciated for the little things they do as well as the big ones. It feels good to be cared for :) Thank you for offering your opinion.

I think we should ALL be appreciated for things we do, big or small.

Edward W said:
Naleena said:
I think overall men need to be appreciated for the little things they do as well as the big ones. It feels good to be cared for :) Thank you for offering your opinion.

I think we should ALL be appreciated for things we do, big or small.

Agreed. We are all special.

I think the notion that you must do x but not y because you're a certain gender is ridiculous and outdated.
Probably the only men that might react negatively to a woman's advances are the really old fashioned types or the slick ********* types that are so full of themselves they'd actually consider it "hunting"

Sigma said:
I think the notion that you must do x but not y because you're a certain gender is ridiculous and outdated.
Probably the only men that might react negatively to a woman's advances are the really old fashioned types or the slick ********* types that are so full of themselves they'd actually consider it "hunting"

^ This.

Latest posts

Back